cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering Across Multiple Devices

daviddaggitt
Underground

This is happening to my account as well. Normally, it is on the chrome web browser at work, however it also isn't working on my android phone. I can play my playlist or songs I've collected but actual stations or the shuffle option just say "buffering..."; then it skips the song and repeats this process. I had never had this issue before, do you know how to correct it? I've tried changing it over to internet explorer, and signing out and back in multiple times on both devices on both of our web browsers. Nothing seems to do the trick, I've been paying for Pandora to skip the ads, mostly because it plays on the shop radio for about 12 hours per day Monday through Friday. It would be nice to have it restored to full functionality. Thank you for your feedback.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daviddaggitt The trace would be for our engineering team in case we need to escalate your issue over to them.

Android: For the Android device, it sounds like you're attempting to stream using cellular data rather than WiFi. Let's go ahead and try some troubleshooting to see if we can fix that.

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, confirm Mobile Data is toggled on.

++

Computer: Sounds like you're still having trouble streaming from your browser.

Have you tried using the Pandora Desktop? 

If you're interested, you can try it out using these steps.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Shack
Underground

I have the Pandora app and when mines was acting up I deleted the app for a few minutes and downloaded it again but that didn’t work so I deleted it for about a day and a half and then downloaded it back again and I haven’t had that problem since. Maybe log out of it for a couple hours and see if that might work for you. 

daviddaggitt
Underground

I haven't tried this on my phone, we have been listening to YouTube playlists at work since last week. Pandora has been signed out on this computer for several days, until today, still the same problem. Do you think it will work if I delete the app on my phone and log back in on the computer? 

0 Kudos

Shack
Underground

Yea I would try that too. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great suggestions to get started, @Shack. Appreciate you taking the time out to help other listeners on the Pandora Community.

Hope to see you around more often! 👍

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @daviddaggitt. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're experiencing buffering. 

Since you're encountering this issue on your Android device and your computer, I would recommend running through some network troubleshooting steps to see if resolves your issue. In the meantime, I've also enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to report this to our engineering team.

Network Troubleshooting:

Let's try rebooting your connection to see if this helps:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

++

Android Troubleshooting:

Running through the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps could help out with what you're experiencing. You can find those steps here.

++

Chrome Troubleshooting:

For Chrome web browser troubleshooting, I would recommend trying out these steps.

Let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

daviddaggitt
Underground

Thanks for replying, @AlyssaPandora

I deleted the app on my phone, and my Pandora worked for like a day, after a few hours of being logged out on the main computer, but failed to work again the next day. I re downloaded it (phone) yesterday before taking a drive, and it didn't work then either.  The computer I'm currently using gets updated every Sunday night, and our internet is working as well as it normally does. I asked someone in the office if they have firewalled Pandora, she said "no". I also cleared all of this computer's browser history and still no dice. My phone isn't connect to the Wi-Fi where I work, I have full bars and the "LTE+" is on(?), My phone is doing the same thing where it just says "buffering..." but never actually loading. I have no idea what's causing this, I'm beginning to think I've gathered too many stations, even though that does seem improbable. [Edit] It will load my thumbprint radio and songs I've collected, but actual stations are a no-go[end].  What's a trace? I'm not exactly what you would call "tech-savvy".

I look forward to your response and thank you in advance for helping me to solve this weird issue.

0 Kudos

rgerry1
Local Performer

I access Pandora through the web. lately it doesn't matter if I'm on Microsoft edge, Firefox, google chrome or internet explorer but when I go to my song list, playlist or try to listen to an album the song starts then stops. All I can do is listen to stations I've created. 

I have tried accessing Pandora on my personal pc, and two other laptops and the same thing happens.  Can somebody offer some suggestions. It's becoming really annoying. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rgerry1. 👋

I would recommend checking out my post for some network troubleshooting suggestions here.

If you prefer Microsoft Edge, you find troubleshooting steps in this article.

For Firefox troubleshooting, you may find this article to be helpful.

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daviddaggitt The trace would be for our engineering team in case we need to escalate your issue over to them.

Android: For the Android device, it sounds like you're attempting to stream using cellular data rather than WiFi. Let's go ahead and try some troubleshooting to see if we can fix that.

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, confirm Mobile Data is toggled on.

++

Computer: Sounds like you're still having trouble streaming from your browser.

Have you tried using the Pandora Desktop? 

If you're interested, you can try it out using these steps.

0 Kudos

rgerry1
Local Performer

Unfortunately none of it helped. I've cleaned out all my caches and logged out and started again. but I can play a single song if I create a station. And all my stations run just fine. but my play lists are dead in the water. I even thought I had too many songs in a playlist so i create a new one with 3 songs and nothing.

thanks for trying to help

0 Kudos

daviddaggitt
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora ,

It started working properly again out of the blue. I probably crashed it trying to go through my stations and removing songs that play too often on shuffle. Thank you for your help. I'm not sure if the tech guys had anything to do with it but thank you too. This problem may come back as I'm not even a quarter of the way done. It might be worth putting the "I'm Tired of this song" option in shuffle. It stays on shuffle at work that way we can hit everyone's musical needs. It's really strange that rgerry1 and I had similar issues with opposite effects. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

So glad to hear that you're back to listening normally.

Another community member created a feature suggestion that you may be interested in: Shuffle - Include 'I'm tired of this song' & Discovery / Deep Cuts / Etc. 

To upvote feature suggestions, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the idea you're interested in seeing implemented. 

Feel free to let us know if you need anything else. Happy listening! 🎧