cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Unselect Stations on Custom Shuffle

OfficeDJ
Underground

I have a similar problem.  Today I signed in and I'm not able to change the selections for my custom shuffle.  Not all of the stations are selected, however I did not select some of the stations that are playing today in the shuffle.  I'm not able to take any stations off of this shuffle.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/30/2021):

We believe this issue has now been resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

30 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @OfficeDJ. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience today. Mind sharing a bit more about how you're listening?

• Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?
  • Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop app?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

OfficeDJ
Underground

I select music by signing in to Pandora via the website on a Windows computer with Firefox.  Firefox was updated last week, however Pandora worked fine on Monday.  I don't remember seeing any error message.  Thanks.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@OfficeDJ Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

++

If you prefer to use Firefox as your browser, I would recommend trying the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening in case we need to report this with our engineering team:

• Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:
    • Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
    • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
    • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
    • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
    • Click Clear now.
    • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.
  • Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:
    • Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
    • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
    • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
    • Click Manage Permissions...
    • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.
  • Make sure you are allowing Pandora to automatically play sound:
    • Click the "i" icon to the left of the address bar while visiting the pandora.com web page.
    • In the Permissions section, confirm the Autoplay setting is set to Allow Audio and Video.
    • If not, click on the dropdown arrows to select that option.
  • Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  • If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
  • Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

daetilus
Local Performer

I have used shuffle for a long time, switching out what stations are currently being used.  However, the last few days I have been unable to de-select stations.  It will add more to the shuffle, and I can turn shuffle off.  But it refuses to unselect stations.

I've tried it on 3 different computers, at 2 different locations.  I've tried it in Chrome and Firefox.  I tried an incognito window in Chrome.  Nothing works.

SteveKier
Underground

I'm having the same problem.  Seems like it has come up in the last few weeks.  I first noticed it two or three days ago (i.e., 6/23-ish).  A workaround or a fix, either one, would be lovely.

Thanks!

Steve

philnotfil
Local Performer

On the browser I can only "Shuffle All", I can see "Custom" on the drop down, but clicking on it doesn't change anything, and I can't deselect stations to tune the shuffle.

Tried Opera, Firefox, and Chrome. All on Windows 10.

0 Kudos

ShortyJay
Local Performer

My issue is similar but it won't let me select "custom" in the shuffle drop down. It's either one station play, or shuffle all. It's only on the PC as I can select on mobile devices.

0 Kudos

nunez
Local Performer

I have always noticed a "lag" in playing the selected station after editing the stations. It would usually take two or three songs before the new shuffle selections would take effect. Not a problem and understandable. However, lately, the new shuffle selection is not being played at all. Instead, selecting the shuffle selection shuffles the music from the entire collection.

0 Kudos

PaganJoe
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  Even tried upgrading to Premium to see if that fixed it but no luck.  The only reason I keep a Pandora account is for the custom shuffle feature.

I am using a Mac desktop, tried both Safari and Chrome, cleared cache, cleared cookies, restarted Mac and still, the "Custom" option in the Shuffle drop down menu is grayed out.  I can only shuffle all stations now.  This change happened while I was in a session where the custom shuffle was working perfectly, then I created a new station to add to the mix, and that is when it chose to shuffle all stations.

0 Kudos

Taku
Underground

I am experiencing the exact same issue on my laptop running Pandora on Chrome browser. During my troubleshooting attempt, I selected Shuffle All and now Custom is grayed out and unselectable. Coincidentally, the shuffle on my mobile has stopped functioning properly. On my mobile, it allows me to select/deselect my stations to shuffle, but the app continues to shuffle all of my stations.

I, too, would like a solution to this or even some workaround to help me get shuffle working again!

0 Kudos

BusiKitty
Local Performer

Hello, 
I'm a Premium listener and I always use the shuffle stations option. 
For some reason though, the website won't let me deselect or uncheck a station. I tried on mobile and it would work but the settings wouldn't save when I pressed the back button. I tried logging out and back in, refreshed the page multiple times but nothing has worked. Is there a reason it's doing this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Taku I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 06/28/21:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

Our engineering team is aware of the issue where users are unable to customize their shuffle selections on our website.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! @daetilus @SteveKier @ShortyJay @PaganJoe @BusiKitty @nunez @philnotfil @OfficeDJ 

Thank you for reporting this to the Community. Our engineering team is aware of the issue, and are currently working on a fix.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them.

Thanks for your patience with this in the meantime! 

tooter2d
Local Performer

I'm having same issue. Not a browser issue, I tried it in edge and same problem. I cannot take channels off of shuffle

0 Kudos

Gnarus
Local Performer

can't remove stations from shuffle across all platforms

don't think I need to clarify the title says it all. but for the sake of being clear can't remove stations from shuffle across all platforms,  I've logged out of the app and fully reinstalled it, to no avail.  and using it on my browser just broke it more. anyone have any ideas no how to fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gnarus I moved your post over to this existing thread: Can't Unselect Stations on Shuffle

I have also added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix.

missberti
Local Performer

Mine is doing the same thing! I can't custom shuffle! Very frustrating since I am paying for premium. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @missberti @tooter2d. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Our engineering team is aware of this and working on it. Please check back on this thread for updates. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧