cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Now Playing Buttons Missing

dlaronson
Local Performer

The player (play/pause, replay, skip) is not appearing under the song title / artist / album as it normally does. This just changed today.  I have tried rebooting and logging out of / into Pandora but it is still missing. Windows Desktop > Chrome > Pandora Premium > Now Playing > Player missing

mod edit: format + changed title for clarity

DANA L ARONSON
Labels (2)
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dlaronson. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Let's try these steps to see if it helps resolve your issue: 

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Mousermind
Underground

These basic troubleshooting tips have not worked for me. Also, there should be no need to disable adblockers if you have a subscription.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mousermind I was unable to reproduce this on my end - I launched your account on Chrome and she now playing buttons did appear:

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 4.29.36 AM.png

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Mousermind
Underground

Seems to have solved itself as of this afternoon. But yeah, there were simply no media controls on any browser I tried last night. Couldn't even find them via Inspecting the page. But it seems good now. Thank you though!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mousermind Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos