cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Stops Playing / Cuts Off

haroldg12
Local Performer

How do I keep music from my collection going without stopping?  I'm using pandra for my office and playing it on the speakers so my patients can hear it in the waiting room while they wait.  I have "office music" in my collection and have about 5 stations.  Anytime I play on station it goes through a couple songs, then automatically stops playing.  When I hiit the play button it looks like its about to play the song then does nothing.  I'm using google chrome.  Does anyone know how I can get office music/lounge music playing throughout the day without cutting off?  Thanks in advance.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Imwotim3 👋

To help keep things organized, I moved your original post to this thread under Chrome: Stops Playing / Cuts Off.

Let's try troubleshooting your web browser to see if this helps.

Chrome Troubleshooting:

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help. I would also check your sleep settings for your computer as this may impact your listening. 

If that doesn't work, try these steps: 

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @haroldg12. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening from your Chrome web browser. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Pandora for Businesses:

It sounds like you're using Pandora to play music in a public setting (which is not considered personal use). If so, we have a solution for you. Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings like these through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Additionally, due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial or public setting. Any Pandora listening that isn't personal and private, even for non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must be properly licensed through Mood Media, which fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightsholders.

Use of Pandora in these settings is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, click here.

++

Chrome Troubleshooting:

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help. I would also check your sleep settings for your computer as this may impact your listening. 

1. Update Chrome.

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.

• Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

hdoolittle
Local Performer

I'm having this same issue, which has just started yesterday. I am on Chrome for Mac Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64). The songs stop at 3 minutes, sometimes one song at a time, sometimes after several songs in a row have played and then one stops. I have tried:

* Updating to the newest version of Chrome

* Closing Chrome and reopening

* Turning off the ad blocker

* Reloading the Pandora site

Any other ideas? Has this been resolved? I am a teacher, and I have a premium subscription for use in my classroom, and it would be extremely distracting to have the music keep stopping and needing to be reloaded. This does not happen on my same account on my iPhone, just on Chrome on my Mac.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @hdoolittle. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the music playing. I understand how frustrating this could be. 

Do any error messages pop up when the music pauses / stops?

It sounds like you've tried a couple of the steps, I would recommend trying out a few other like clearing cache / cookies in this article from our help page: Chrome Troubleshooting

It may also be helpful to try using a different browser to help us determine whether this is browser related. 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Esayres1
Local Performer

I was wondering if there was anything more added to this or if someone found a solution, I have been having this issue for about a year now and have done all the steps suggested here. TIA

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Esayres1 👋

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting, and sorry for any playback issues you're experiencing.

It sounds like you've already performed our Chrome Troubleshooting steps, which usually helps with any playback issue, however, it seems like you're still having issues.

Do you only experience this issue on your Chrome browser? If so, I suggest trying out a different web browser (eg. Firefox, Edge) to help us determine whether this is browser related. 

If you're experiencing playback issues on all browsers, let's try troubleshooting your network to see if this will help:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos

Imwotim3
Local Performer

I listen on my laptop all day at work and suddenly it is shutting off after every song. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Imwotim3 👋

To help keep things organized, I moved your original post to this thread under Chrome: Stops Playing / Cuts Off.

Let's try troubleshooting your web browser to see if this helps.

Chrome Troubleshooting:

1. Update Chrome.

4. Turn off extensions.

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

ewalkpr
Local Performer

When I listen on my PC Chrome browser, every 10-20 minutes the audio drops but the track keeps advancing. It will continue if I refresh but it sometimes will just jump to a new track and repeat the issue. I have closed the browser and reopened, I have logged out and back in again, I can't seem to avoit the issue. Any suggestions, besides going to a different provider?

GeraldPandora

Hi @ewalkpr 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 🎉

To keep our threads nice and tidy, I moved your original post onto an existing thread under
Chrome: Stops Playing / Cuts Off.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing playback issues when listening to Pandora; I completely understand how frustrating it is to be in a groove and suddenly, everything stops.

However, we might have a solution to this, please check out our accepted solution post as this may help you with that playback issue!

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes! 🎧

0 Kudos

sandyO
Local Performer

Pandora only plays one song and then stops, even though Auto-play is turned on in Pandora.  Chrome AutoplayStopper is set to allow autoplay for Pandora.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Welcome to the Community @sandyO and nice to see your first post! 🎉

I moved your original post onto an existing and related post under Chrome: Stops Playing / Cuts Off.

It looks like there's an issue with your Chrome browser that's causing only one song to play and then cut off.

Please try troubleshooting your Chrome web browser by following the steps from our accepted solution post.

In addition, please check out this article for instructions on how you can adjust your auto-play setting for the browser you are using.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! :pandora:

0 Kudos