cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Frequently audio stops with spinning image

Stelcom66
Opening Act

Happens very frequently when listening. The only way I've found to resume playing is to choose another station and return to the one I was listening to. It never happens when I go to Pandora's website using Chrome of Firefox. It happens so often I was considering uninstalling the app and listen by going to the website. I thought there would be an advantage to having the app. I thought I'd post this if there's any resolution. I did see another post where there were a whole lot of pc troubleshooting steps, but I believe it didn't resolve the situation for the member.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stelcom66
Opening Act

Same thing happens as suspected after deleting/reinstalling. Not a big deal to use a separate browser to the Pandora site to listen. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Stelcom66. 👋

I understand your hesitation. While the steps may not work for each community member, it could help resolve the issue in your instance. I would recommend resetting the app data and then, uninstalling / reinstalling if the issue persists. 

• Are you using a Windows machine or a MAC computer?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

In the meantime, you can use these steps to troubleshoot:

Another option is try to reboot your connection to see if that helps with the spinning image.

Rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Stelcom66
Opening Act

Hello Alyssa, no error message. A screenshot is attached. I'll de-install and re-install the app. Not going to disrupt and shut down my internet hardware, I don't have trouble with anything else. If I have the same trouble, I'll just connect via the website. Thanks for the reply. 

pandora.JPG

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Stelcom66.

Feel free to let me know if the issue persists. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Stelcom66
Opening Act

Same thing happens as suspected after deleting/reinstalling. Not a big deal to use a separate browser to the Pandora site to listen. 

0 Kudos