Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Tracks Skip and Audio Stops

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (02/08/22): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for your patience while this issue was being addressed. We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

If you notice anything else, feel free to let me know. 🎧

Pandora Update (01/04/22): This thread is for both Windows 10 and MAC Pandora Desktop users experiencing tracks skipping and audio stopping during their listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and I have shared all of the feedback from this thread. 

Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

The troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and it didn't resolve the issue, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  8. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

++

Pandora Desktop App for MAC:

The troubleshooting steps MAC can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and the issue persists, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Thank you for reporting this, and for sharing the requested information. Updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. We appreciate your patience during this process.🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
68 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @guitarsrkewl08. 👋

Unfortunately, there is no update at this time. However, once I receive one, I will definitely post it on this thread. 

I know that this can be frustrating. Thanks for your continued patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (02/08/22): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for your patience while this issue was being addressed. We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

If you notice anything else, feel free to let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

thanks for the update , any idea what was causing the issue just out of curiosity ? 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@guitarsrkewl08 I'm not sure, but there was a fix released by our engineering team for this issue. 

Hope you're back to listening without any trouble. Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up. 🎧

0 Kudos

Lostnav
Local Performer

I've been having this problem for a long time. I see you posted it has been fixed and the troubleshooting steps for Mac are "here" but there is no link, hot link or troubleshooting steps in that post. Where to I find the steps for my MacBook pro please?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Lostnav. 👋

Thanks so much for pointing that out. I've updated my post to include the links. Sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused.

You can find the steps here and I've also included them for you below.

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting for MAC:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

1. Close the Pandora app.
  2. Open a new Finder window.
  3. Click on Applications.
  4. Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  5. Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

*Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.

0 Kudos

sjsharksgirl86
Local Performer

I am still having this issue on my MacBook.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sjsharksgirl86 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Keep an eye out for their next email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

sjsharksgirl86
Local Performer

It's just ridiculous that lots of people have been having this issue for 3 years and the desktop app has not been updated. You guys really need to fix the problem in the app and push an update out.

0 Kudos