cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Can't Unlike a Song on Web / Desktop App

Alvin
Underground

This has been happening to me for a while now, and it's very frustrating. I've been unable to unlike a song. In other words, I clicked the thumbs up at some point and am now trying deselect it. But nothing happens when I click the thumbs up button again. Please help. 

Labels (3)
16 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Alvin. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble unliking songs.

Could you confirm how you're listening when this happens?

• Do you have a Windows or MAC computer?
  • Are you using the Desktop App? 
  • Or, a web browser? If so, which browser?

Let me know, and I can help out with some troubleshooting steps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Alvin
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I am listening on a MacBook Air and using Google Chrome browser. I appreciate your looking into this! - Alvin

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alvin No problem at all!

Let's try running through the troubleshooting steps for your Chrome browser.

You can find the steps here.

I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing back!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Alvin
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora! I tried the troubleshooting steps and it still did not work. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alvin Have you tried using a different web browser to see if it still happens? This will help us determine whether this is browser-related. 

We also offer a desktop app, if you're interested.

You can find out more about it here.

Let me know how using a different browser goes. If you're still having trouble, I can escalate your issue to email so that we can run a diagnostic on your web browser. 

Thanks so much for sticking with me during this process! 🎧

0 Kudos

Alvin
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora! Thank you for your patience in dealing with my issue. Unfortunately, I do not have another browser on my laptop. - Alvin 

TannerPandora

Hi @Alvin! Sorry for the continue trouble!

I've enabled a trace on your account, this may help us get a better understanding of what is happening. We'll need you to use Pandora as you normally would while this trace is enabled. 

I was able to replicate this issue on my end. I've gone ahead and created a report for our engineers to further investigate. 

In the meantime, can you tell me the Chrome version you're currently running? You can find this by clicking on Chrome in the upper left and then clicking About Google Chrome.

Also, can you please try to edit your Thumbs in the backstage page to see if you have the same problem.

To do that:

• Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available on your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a page which shows you information about your personalized station.

You can edit your Thumbed up or Thumbed down tracks, by scrolling down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed up tracks first. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Alvin
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora! Thanks for tagging in! My Chrome version is: "Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

I am able to edit my thumbed up and thumbed down track on "Thumb History" and have always been able to! This is what I usually do as a workaround to this problem! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alvin Thanks so much for providing this information.

@TannerPandora shared your experience with our engineering team and created a ticket for this issue.

0 Kudos

Alvin
Underground

Hi all! It looks the issue has been fixed!!! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! So glad to hear it, @Alvin

Glad you're back up and running again. Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

Alvin
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora, I'm so sorry. But the issue came back again today.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alvin Thanks for the update! I have shared this with our engineering team. Appreciate your patience while they look into this.

0 Kudos

jpctl
Local Performer

I second this- there have been several songs I have "liked" (thumbs up) in past that I no longer like as much, but don't want to dislike (thumbs down) it to get it to stop playing as much.  I want it in rotation, and songs like it, just less than a thumbs up does.  I don't want to have to dig through settings to undo my selections.  I think it seems way more intuitive if a song I had "Thumbs Up" before on is playing that I should be able to press the Thumbs Up again and have it undo the Thumbs Up.  Short of digging through to undo that original thumbs up, my only other immediate choice is to "thumbs down" the song.  

Tl:dr- You should be able to "undo" a Thumbs Up by simply clicking the "Thumbs Up" again.  

0 Kudos

jpctl
Local Performer

Of course, now that I posted this, it's now letting me "unthumb" as I requested...so weird it's never worked for me before.  Consider my last request cancelled lol.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, @jpctl. If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to tag me in a post. Hope to see you around the community space more often. Happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos