cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Different song playing than what is showing

sh-nin
Local Performer

I have my Pandora on shuffle and Toxic by Britney Spears is playing. Well, should be playing. I thought something was off with the audio but it's definitely a different artist covering the song. Not sure what to do about it?

This is now the second time in two days a song has played by a different artist under the original artist's name.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sh-nin. 👋

Thanks for following up with those two videos. Looks like your post was accidentally caught in our spam filter. I've ensured that your post is public and no longer marked as spam.

We were able to take a look and hear the incorrect version playing. We'll report this over to the appropriate party on your behalf. We appreciate you taking the time to share those additional details - the videos are very helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sh-nin Can you please send me a screenshot of the now playing screen the next time this happens?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

sh-nin
Local Performer

shnin_0-1687366052380.png

I was actually using the browser version. I left it up just in case a screenshot was needed. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sh-nin Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

I tested that track on my end and was unable to reproduce - the correct song played.

What browser are you using?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

sh-nin
Local Performer

I am using Edge. I was able to record the two versions. The blue screen is the incorrect version and the white one is what should be playing... Can't see to upload them here but below are the two Google Drive links.

I've tried twice now to post but someone keeps marking me as spam so that's lovely. I am using Edge. I have video recordings of it, but it won't let me post it. 

mod edit: merged comments + format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sh-nin. 👋

Thanks for following up with those two videos. Looks like your post was accidentally caught in our spam filter. I've ensured that your post is public and no longer marked as spam.

We were able to take a look and hear the incorrect version playing. We'll report this over to the appropriate party on your behalf. We appreciate you taking the time to share those additional details - the videos are very helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 