cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts for Desktop App

mjkelly
Local Performer

Hi,

Are there keyboard shortcuts on the web player? If not, consider this a feature request 🙂 

(The Spotify web player has keyboard shortcuts, which I think is your main competitor in this space.)

Thanks! Keep up the good work.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mjkelly I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the Community organized.

There are keyboard shortcuts available for the Desktop app.

Keyboard shortcuts - Mac Desktop app:

The media keys (volume, play/pause, skip) on your keyboard can be used to control playback on the Pandora Desktop app.

You can also select Controls at the top of the Mac menu bar, for the Pandora app, to review all Keyboard shortcuts available when the app is in focus.

Here's a quick list:

• Play/ Pause: Space
  • Skip Forward: ⌘→
  • Skip Backward: ⌘←
  • Shuffle: ⌘S
  • Repeat: ⌘G
  • Thumb Up: ⇧⌘↑
  • Thumb Down: ⇧⌘↓

Items will be greyed out when playing a source that does not support that command.

If your computer is upgraded to macOS Mojave and you are having trouble using these shortcuts, please use the following steps to make sure the app has access.

1. Open System Preferences
  2. Go to Security & Privacy.
  3. Click Accessibility.
  4. Confirm the box next to Pandora is checked.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Desktop app:

You can use the following keyboard shortcuts to control playback on the Pandora desktop app:

• Skip Forward: Ctrl→
  • Skip Backward: Ctrl←
  • Shuffle: Ctrl S
  • Repeat: Ctrl G
  • Thumb Up: ⇧Ctrl↑
  • Thumb Down: ⇧Ctrl↓

If you have media keys on your PC, you can also use those.

Please note that certain options may be greyed out if you are playing a source that does not support that command (e.g., you will not be able to Thumb on most playlists).

Hope this helps! 

MusicFan0134
Underground

Does anyone know how to change the the keyboard shortcuts or make them global?  I'm used to using players that you can unobtrusively interact with in the background. The media keys are keys for a reason - far easier to type a key than to find the Pandora window, switch to it, make your adjustment, then find where you were before....  Far better to enjoy being able to click play/pause, next, thumbs up, etc. without interrupting the work that brought me to the computer in the first place.

ars-sam
Local Performer

as the other writer said, consider this a feature request.  the windows desktop app keyboard shortcut list doesn't include volume control, which i would think is the most needed option; intuitive keys would be the better choice such as using the arrow keys for up/down volume, and the left/right for skip fw/back; requiring use of the ctrl key combo is annoying as the change is a spur of moment quick intention and best accomplished with a single keystroke; i work on one pc and my personal is used for playing music so it would be best to be able to just reach for the up/dwn arrow to adjust the music volume quickly when needed and a mute key would be nice too 🙂

0 Kudos

glow_frog
Local Performer

more help please!

none of those windows desktop shortcuts work for me 😕

are they browser dependent? or settings i can change for them to work? i am using firefox.

thank you!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @glow_frog. 👋

Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

glow_frog
Local Performer

i'm a windows girl all the way ;o)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, @glow_frog

It sounds like you're using the Firefox browser, and not the Pandora Desktop app. Unfortunately, we don't support media keys for the web browser. You would need to use the keyboard shortcuts instead. The media keys (volume, play/pause, skip) on your keyboard can be used to control playback on the Pandora Desktop app for Windows 10.

Keyboard Shortcuts:

• Skip Forward: ⌘→
  • Skip Backward: ⌘←
  • Shuffle: ⌘S
  • Repeat: ⌘G
  • Thumb Up: ⇧⌘↑
  • Thumb Down: ⇧⌘↓

If these particular shortcuts don't work, I can report this over to the appropriate party for review. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

nishbot
Local Performer

Is there a way to do these Windows 10 hotkey shortcuts while the Pandora desktop app is minimized?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nishbot I believe that the app needs to be in focus when using the keyboard shortcuts for the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10. 🎧

nishbot
Local Performer

Thank you @AlyssaPandora. That's what we're trying to get at as a feature-request. Can we put in a suggestion that there's a way to control song play with certain hotkeys without having the app in focus? Much appreciated. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Of course, @nishbot. Thanks for the follow up.

While they aren't exactly your request, we do have a few existing ideas related to keyboard shortcuts that you may be interested in checking out:

Creating a Feature Request:

You can create a feature request here: Feature Request Board

To upvote existing ideas, click on the icon next to the title of the request.

For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this infographic: "How do requests become features?" 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Lazlo8675309
Local Performer

A keyboard with Media keys (play, stop pause) work globally for any music app even minimized, you can also assign a key combo to be a media key like map control+ down arrow to pause within your OS. This is handy for gaming or working when you need to talk on a call or in game. I bought a keyboard with the keys already built in and its fantastic. I have also used the mapping feature for clients they both work flawlessly. If you need help message 

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

rmarbertin
Local Performer

Using Google Chrome on Kubuntu (Ubuntu+KDE). Only Space Bar works, F.Y.I. 

Would be nice if I could Like/Dislike/Skip tracks remotely via my wireless keyboard. 

0 Kudos