cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Gapless Playback

EnvisionMan
Local Performer

When listening to a full album, how do you avoid the gap between songs?

I have Pandora Premium.  I like to listen to albums straight through.  Currently listening to Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'.   Most of the songs lead directly into the next song.  Normally this is a seemless transition from song to song... no gap.  But Pandora Premium puts a 1-second space between them, leading to a very disturbing moment of dead air.

How can this be fixed?  It is CRAZY annoying.  Makes listening to Hamilton very frustrating.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @EnvisionMan 

Welcome to community!

Based on your message it sounds like you'd like to have gapless playback. Unfortunately, this is not a feature of Pandora.

We do have a post about this in our Ideas Board, feel free to visit and give a tap on the heart for the idea. I know this is a feature that many listeners would like to have.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @EnvisionMan 

Welcome to community!

Based on your message it sounds like you'd like to have gapless playback. Unfortunately, this is not a feature of Pandora.

We do have a post about this in our Ideas Board, feel free to visit and give a tap on the heart for the idea. I know this is a feature that many listeners would like to have.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

EnvisionMan
Local Performer

I appreciate the feedback, especially so quickly.  I am disappointed that Pandora doesn't have gapless playback... seems like a very basic setting that could be implemented without much engineering.  I will check out the ideas board.

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

@TannerPandora, the Idea you linked is a post that combines (conflates) gapless transitions and a crossfade feature request. While the latter is a feature that I couldn't care less about, the former is what I'd consider a flaw in the product that needs to be fixed, regardless of how many votes that "idea" post gets. I, like the OP here, find the gap extremely irritating when listening to albums as a whole. 

0 Kudos