cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Gapless Playback

EnvisionMan
Local Performer

When listening to a full album, how do you avoid the gap between songs?

I have Pandora Premium.  I like to listen to albums straight through.  Currently listening to Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'.   Most of the songs lead directly into the next song.  Normally this is a seemless transition from song to song... no gap.  But Pandora Premium puts a 1-second space between them, leading to a very disturbing moment of dead air.

How can this be fixed?  It is CRAZY annoying.  Makes listening to Hamilton very frustrating.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @EnvisionMan 

Welcome to community!

Based on your message it sounds like you'd like to have gapless playback. Unfortunately, this is not a feature of Pandora.

We do have a post about this in our Ideas Board, feel free to visit and give a tap on the heart for the idea. I know this is a feature that many listeners would like to have.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @EnvisionMan 

Welcome to community!

Based on your message it sounds like you'd like to have gapless playback. Unfortunately, this is not a feature of Pandora.

We do have a post about this in our Ideas Board, feel free to visit and give a tap on the heart for the idea. I know this is a feature that many listeners would like to have.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

EnvisionMan
Local Performer

I appreciate the feedback, especially so quickly.  I am disappointed that Pandora doesn't have gapless playback... seems like a very basic setting that could be implemented without much engineering.  I will check out the ideas board.