cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: No Music Plays

recumbo
Local Performer

Hi,

Up until a day or two ago, I haven't had problems with Pandora playing, but now it won't play.  I typically use Firefox as a browser on my Macbook Air.  A week or two ago, I did clear cache/cookies, etc. and haven't tried to use Pandora since doing so until yesterday.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Ethan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

recumbo
Local Performer

Huh...In the process of trying to reset my password to see what happened with Pandora on a different browser, I logged out and logged back in, and now it is playing.  So I guess that took care of it.

Thanks,

-Ethan

View solution in original post

15 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@recumbo I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 
  3. Does this only happen when streaming on Firefox? Or does the issue occur on all browsers?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I've also enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Firefox Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

recumbo
Local Performer

Huh...In the process of trying to reset my password to see what happened with Pandora on a different browser, I logged out and logged back in, and now it is playing.  So I guess that took care of it.

Thanks,

-Ethan

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@recumbo Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

williamcoole194
Underground

after years of trouble free listening, the stations show but won't play. I get the pause sign but no matter what i can't click it to play

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@williamcoole194 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

abbraxxes
Local Performer

This is buggy.  My Pandora would not play on FF either:  FF up to date, cookies enabled, cleared cache and history, played fine on Chrome.  However, logging out and back in did solve the issue, thankfully!

0 Kudos

Frankcarverbeck
Underground

This isn't Williamcoole194 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you had some trouble, @abbraxxes. Sounds like you were able to get back to listening without any issues. Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Frankcarverbeck. 👋

Are you having trouble streaming Pandora?

If so, could you share a bit more about your experience?

• Are you using a Windows or MAC computer? 
  • Web browser (which one) or the Pandora Desktop app?

Let me know, and I can help with troubleshooting. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

williamcoole194
Underground

I am on Windows 10; just had Geek Squad do a tune up on my Lenovo laptop yesterday 

I run Google browser

have enjoyed Pandora for years trouble free until this week

I have Pandora set up as a page on Google which opens up automatically

I have an open page which displays everything but no music plays

what5 do i do

I don't understand the comment that 'this is not williamcoole194' I had my email hacked and lost access to the account and now my current email. perhaps that is the source of the confusion

mod edit: removed personal info

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@williamcoole194 I believe that Community user who said that was confused about one of our above posts - you can disregard their message.

To clarify, are you able to sign into your new Pandora account, however after the website loads in Google Chrome, no music plays?

Does it appear as if music is playing, however there is no sound?

Or does the Now Playing screen remain paused the whole time, and the Play button is unresponsive?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

williamcoole194
Underground
yes i am signed into my account

it does not appear music is playing

the Now Playing screen remains paused the whole time and the play button is
unresponsive
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @williamcoole194.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

joleenw
Local Performer

Pandora was working fine in an open web browser on a mac, but now for a reason I can figure out, won't play at all. 

It shows the play button, it shows the album cover and lyrics. I know it's not playing because the timer doesn't advance. 

The album cover often doesn't match the song it says it's supposed to be playing. 

Please help! 🙂 Thank you

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @joleenw 👋

Thanks for posting your first post!

To keep things organized, I moved your original post on to an existing thread under Desktop: No Music Plays.

Playback Issue: Troubleshooting

This playback issue sounds related to a problem with the browser you're using. I suggest performing troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if the music will start playing again.

If you're using our desktop App, please try out these troubleshooting steps for your PC or Mac.

++++

Album cover not matching the song

For the next song that you see that doesn't match the album cover, would you mind taking a screenshot of what you're seeing so that I can send that info to the appropriate parties?

To take a screenshot on your iMac:

• Hold down the Shift key and the Command key
  • Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop
  • If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
  • Lastly, attach that screenshot as a photo on the next reply

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos