cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Unable to Thumb Down or Prevent Song From Playing

kcooper
Local Performer

I used to be able to thumbs down or say "don't play this song again" or something similar and there's a specific song that keeps coming on that I can't do this for. There is no thumbs up or down. There's nothing but the + sign to add it to my collection, an option to add it to a playlist, an option to start a station (from both the artist and the song), and share. 

There are ZERO options if I hate the song and never want to hear it again. I pay for Premium. What's happening? I don't like having music forced down my throat repeatedly when I pay to curate my experience.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @kcooper. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Could you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

For Windows Computers:

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

Then attach that screenshot in your next post.

For MAC Computers:

1. Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
  2. Attach that file in your next post.

Let me know, and I can take a look. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

bonbonison
Local Performer

It looks as if they are just robots mindlessly asking for screenshots rather than bringing back the manual thumbs up/down.  I have been trying to delete/ban/block that stupid song "Everybody Loves Me" and nothing works....  I am switching to Spotify.... Goodbye Pandora once golden, now garbage...

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @bonbonison @kcooper👋

Sorry for any confusion. In this instance, we ask for a screenshot so that we can see exactly what you're seeing when you're attempting to edit your thumb feedback. Some listeners may be on a playlist and unable to thumb (since it's not a station). 

Banning Songs + Artists:

At this this banning a song / artist isn't a feature of Pandora. However, we do have this existing feature request created by another community member if you're interested in upvoting it: Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

++

How Thumbs Work:

The way to control your Pandora stations is using Thumbs. When you hear something you like, give it a Thumbs Up. If there's an artist or song you don't like hearing on one of your Pandora stations, make sure to consistently give them Thumbs Down (and no Thumbs Up) on that station. This tells Pandora that you do not wish to hear that artist on that station. Thumb ratings are station-specific.

Pandora Premium subscribers can also create custom playlists in order to have complete control of what they hear on Pandora.

++

Editing Thumb Feedback on a Station:

If this happened during your current listening session, all you need to do is un-thumb that track.

To do that:

• Click on Now Playing in the upper left.
  • Hover your cursor over the album art and click View Session History.
  • Click the highlighted Thumb icon under the track you'd like to edit.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to edit that Thumb from the station's detail page.

To do that:

• Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available on your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a page which shows you information about your personalized station.

If you'd like to edit your station's name or description, click on the small pencil icon to the left of the play button. If you are a Pandora Premium subscriber, click the ellipsis to the right of the play button and select Edit Station. Keep in mind that once you enter "edit station" mode, you'll need to save your changes when you're done.

• Otherwise, you can edit your Thumbed up or Thumbed down tracks, by scrolling down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbed down tracks, click on the Thumbs down icon.

To delete a Thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). Select Delete to remove that Thumb from your station.

For more information about how Thumbs work, feel free to check out this helpful article: Thumb Feedback

I hope this is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

felixer
Local Performer

Why are there so many steps? I had a song show up on a playlist that I NEVER put there and I can't give it a thumb's down or remove the song. It's literally not even an option and it should be possible through just a click of a button. The song is SO annoying and I never want it to show up on any station. EVER. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@felixer What is the name of the song, and what is the name of the playlist it is on?

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing as well?

Thank for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

musicfan22
Local Performer

I just upgraded to the Premium trial this morning, after using the Plus trial for a couple of weeks and being frustrated with that.

Now, I see that I can't "thumbs down" or dislike a song on the playlist I am playing. What is Premium for if I can't control my content?  

This is not going to work for me.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @musicfan22. 👋

Sorry for any frustration. 

Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb Up and Thumb Down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Please note, you won't be able to use Thumbs on playlists. Thumbs are meant to fine-tune your stations. With Premium, you can create your own playlists and remove songs that you don't like. 

Let me know if you need help with editing a playlist you've created. 🎧

0 Kudos

musicfan22
Local Performer

Well, I mostly listen to Playlists.

"Playlists", "Stations", different rules. Why so confusing? Who has time for this?

I don't have time to create my own 'stations' or lists. 

I just want to listen to music while I work, and Thumb Up/Down songs I like/don't like, no matter what the "station" "playlist" whatever. To me, some voices or songs are akin to running your fingernail down a chalkboard. 

Pandora Plus was extremely annoying; I thought this would be better, but it isn't.

But thank you for clarifying.

0 Kudos