cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Unable to share to Facebook

dcruzan
Local Performer

You used to be able to share the song to fb from your computer and it is gone now, why?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @dcruzan. 👋

Let's try some troubleshooting to see if it helps. I've gone ahead and manually removed the Facebook association from your Pandora account.

• Now, on your computer, sign out of both Facebook and Pandora's homepage.
  • Next, clear your browser's cache, cookies and history.
  • Then restart your web browser and sign back into Facebook.
  • Finally, visit our homepage from this link (not any other page or URL on our site) and sign in.

Facebook may take some time to recognize the connection with Pandora, so if it doesn't work right away, please try again a little later.

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Killik
Local Performer

So, after YEARS of sharing to Facebook, how do I do the same?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Killik. 👋

Sorry for any trouble. We're experiencing an issue where listeners are having trouble connecting to Pandora to their Facebook Portal devices and connecting via the mobile Pandora app.

• Are you still having trouble with connecting / sharing on Facebook today? 
  • Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can share this with our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jatbull2022
Local Performer

I have tried the above solution on my laptop. It did not work. I am still able to share to Facebook on my cellphone and tablet. Laptop/desktop function not working. We have a family subscription, and this issue affects all our accounts. Although I do NOT have a twitter account, if I click on share to Twitter, it tries to log me in. I am also able to copy the link and manually post to Facebook that way. The Share to Facebook option is the only option on the desktop I am encountering. Thank You

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Jatbull2022. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. I'm not seeing that your Pandora account is connected to your Facebook profile when viewing your settings. I've included a screenshot of what I see on your account:

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 12.59.53 PM.png

Could you try connecting your account?

To connect your Pandora account to Facebook from a computer: 

Sign in to Pandora's website and click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Account in the left hand menu.
  3. Scroll down to Social.
  4. Select Connect to the right of the Facebook option. A screen will pop up prompting you to sign into Facebook. Make sure to sign in with your Facebook account information (email address and Password), which may be different from your Pandora account.

Let me know if you're able to do this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jatbull2022
Local Performer
I am aware I am able to do that sign in, however up until a couple/few months ago I was able to share to Facebook from all my devices without that sign in. I am still able to share on my cellphone and tablet without that sign-in and connecting to Facebook. I honestly don't want any of my apps signed into or connected to Facebook. I will just live with this as it is. 
Thank you,
J. Turnbull 
0 Kudos

Jatbull2022
Local Performer

The main problem with sharing to Facebook came after Pandora had an update or two. The Problem is if you are NOT using the Facebook app, it will not allow you too directly share to Facebook. You are able to copy link and post to Facebook manually. 

Two other options are to link Pandora to your Facebook account (I personally won't link anything to Facebook, not trustable), or install the Facebook app on your desktop/laptop. After "chatting" briefly with a Pandora moderator I took the time to look into it more detailed. 

0 Kudos