cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Windows App: Unable to use thumbs up or down

mccomments
Underground

On the playlist I use frequently, for some tracks I can't use thumbs-up or thumbs-down. For most other tracks, thumbs work fine. I'm using the desktop Windows10 app (client?). What's going on?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
30 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That version of the app still does not appear to be the correct one, @mccomments.

Can you please send me a video link showing you downloading the app through the link I proivded?

Thanks again!

mccomments
Underground
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
@mccomments Thanks for continuing to work with me on this.

I can confirm that the version of the desktop app that is being downloaded onto your device is older and no longer supported by Pandora.

The Microsoft store can get into a bad state where it will not grab the new version of apps or fails to install them.

I recommend the following steps to see if they will help.
  • First, uninstall the Pandora app.
  • Check for any updates available for your Windows device.
  • Check for any updates available for the Microsoft Store App.
  • Try Pandora once again.
You may find helpful steps from Microsoft support page: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
0 Kudos

mychirowalkin
Local Performer

Thanks again for the help!  I did everything you advised above including everything in the Support page link you provided:

Pandora reset app in windows.jpg

After all that, the Pandora Version remains 0.0.0 (though in Settings, the version appears to be 13.0.39.1000).  As you can see in the image above, Pandora was not listed in "Programs and Features."  

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

I'm curious.... When you search for Pandora in the Windows store, are you seeing a different version than I keep seeing?  Can I get the Pandora desktop app directly through Pandora's website?  

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

In case it helps, here is an updated brief video showing how Pandora's thumbs won't work.

https://www.mychirowalkin.com/pandorathumbsnotworkingvideo

This is after following all suggestions.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

Is there another way to get the proper Pandora desktop app other than the MS Store which is apparently offering the wrong one?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Thanks for being so patient with us @mccomments!

Unfortunately, the only way to install the Pandora App onto your desktop is through the MS Store.

However, our engineers are still investigating this issue and we have reported all feedback that you've provided. All updates pertaining to this issue will be posted on this thread.

In the meantime, I suggest listening to Pandora through your web browser from our website.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

mychirowalkin
Local Performer

It's been five months.  Have the engineers figured-out anything?

No, whoever was trying to assist me (I'm not certain if they were Pandora employees or not) could not figure-out how to correct the problem.  Summary: my Windows 10 Pandora app still fails to allow me to thumbs up/down (after working for a few tracks), AdamPandora says "That version of the app still does not appear to be the correct one" but he was never able to figure-out why my only choice for that app on the Microsoft Store was the incorrect one, and he was not able to direct me somewhere to get the correct version of the app.  So, Pandora ended with "engineers are investigating" and "In the meantime, I suggest listening to Pandora through your web browser from our website."  That was five months ago, and I haven't received any of the updates AdamPandora promised... so it appears that Pandora engineers still don't how to get the correct version of the app on the Microsoft Store.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

mychirowalkin
Local Performer

I'm just following-up.  It's been five months.  Have the engineers figured-out anything?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mychirowalkin. 👋

Thanks for following up.

I know this has been frustrating, and I appreciate your patience with us throughout this correspondence.

We haven't seen many folks experiencing a similar issue with the app. Let's try running through these steps for your Windows 10 computer here: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024