cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Disable Next Song Notification

shawneee
Local Performer

Every time a new song starts a small window pops up in the upper left hand of my screen showing the song's title/artist.  I would also like to know how to disable this.

Am using a laptop using Window, Chrome & Pandora website.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

tc72
Underground

Desktop Pandora App. Windows 11. Popups right corner when new song is played.

How can I stop the invasive popup in right hand corner that displays a new song when it starts?  I've tried clicking it, thinking maybe it was a quick "like", but I see no function in it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tc72 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Disable Next Song Notification on Desktop App

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to manage that setting.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

DrMER1
Local Performer

Pandora / Chrome gives a nice 5-second or so notification on my screen a couple of seconds after a new piece begins playing. Often it covers up my work on this laptop small screen, and I have wait for it to go away or move a window away. I'd like to stop the notification completely. I don't need it. I've turned off notifications everywhere I see the opportunity to do so in Chrome, Pandora, Windows. Obviously I'm missing something. I appreciate any help you may provide.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DrMER1. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing thread as it your experience sounds similar: Desktop App: Disable Next Song Notification

It sounds like you're using the desktop app. 

On the desktop app, you can adjust your notifications using the steps below to turn off this setting.

If you're using a Windows computer:

1. Open the Windows Settings.
  2. Next select System and then Notifications & actions.
  3. Find Pandora. Some users may need to scroll down to Get notifications from these senders.
  4. Switch setting to Off.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

DrMER1
Local Performer

Thank you, AlyssaPandora!

I follow your good advice but do not find there a Pandora icon. Here's what
I see with Windows Settings:

[image: image.png]

I thank you for any other suggestions!

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrMER1 It looks like you replied via email - unfortunately, attaching images via email will not appear within the Community thread.

You will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments.

Please try adding those once more by clicking on the camera icon located in the Reply box:

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 4.22.10 AM.png

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos