cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distortion / Loud Buzzing Noise Interrupting Songs

Annamaytion
Local Performer

Is anyone else experiencing a horrid buzzing noise that interrupts songs? Every few songs on my station is interrupted by a loud buzzing. After a few seconds it stops, but the next song starts up. If I can't fix this problem, I want my money back! Premium my eye!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
55 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @ronneece

Feel free to test some other options out, and let me know if the same issue occurs.

You can also try running through these steps for your Chrome browser to see if it helps.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

MarkTomlinson
Local Performer

I'm having the issue as well, in Chrome and the Pandora app on my desktop. 44Mpbs down to my desktop, so no issue there. Somewhat randomly, every song or two, suddenly Pandora will buzz like a torn speaker. No other apps have this issue, and it started within the last week or so.

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my PC as per the troubleshooting guide. But, that shouldn't matter since the problem also persists in Chrome. And, no, it did not resolve the issue for me either.

Used to love Pandora till this started.

Mark Tomlinson

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MarkTomlinson. 👋

I've gone ahead and reported this to our engineering team with the info you've provided on this thread. 

• Are you receiving any error messages when this happens?
  • To clarify, this doesn't happen with specific songs - it's a random occurrence?

Thanks so much for your help with this! 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

MarkTomlinson
Local Performer
  • There is no error message, simply a buzzing sound for a couple of seconds, interrupting the music.
  • Random, happens in any song, anywhere from a couple of minutes to 5 or 10 minutes apart. Sometimes more frequently than other times.

Other people have mentioned occasional speeding up. I noticed that I get something similar to that, as well. It sounds a little like old vinyl skipping forward a track.

Mark Tomlinson

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the additional info, @MarkTomlinson

Appreciate you taking the time to get back to me with that info. I've created a ticket with engineering and they will look into what is happening. 👍

0 Kudos

mitchdsm
Local Performer

Having problems with Pandora and Spotify today with music sounding strange and just stopping.  No issues with the internet here, running at 500mbs up and down.  Anyone else?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mitchdsm Sorry for any trouble.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

I'll look forward to hearing back!

0 Kudos

kendi_Xo
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I was convinced it was my speaker but then I just realized that it does not happen unless I am playing something from Pandora through Chrome. I have not noticed it on my phone but I will try that too. Really frustrating because I almost just returned my JBL thinking it was messed up. Definitely wouldn't be that though if it is only happening from Pandora. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @kendi_Xo. 👋

Thanks for pointing this out! I understand what you mean when you're trying to listen from your speaker, glad you kept it and reached out about this. 

In the meantime, please try out these steps for your Chrome browser. I've enabled a trace on your account in case we need to share this info with engineering. I've seen a few mentions of a "loud buzzing noise" in this thread

++

If you still have trouble after those steps, could you please provide a few more details as indicated in my post here?

Also, have you tried using the desktop app?

Thanks so much for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

CastleWaco
Local Performer

This just started happening today.  I'm using Chrome.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @CastleWaco. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like you're experiencing some distortion during your listening sessions.

• Any error messages? If so, what does it say?
  • Have you tried using Pandora on a different browser or the desktop app?
    • If so, does the same issue occur?

In the meantime, I would recommend running through our troubleshooting steps for your Chrome web browser here.

Feel free to keep me updated by responding directly to this thread. 🎧

0 Kudos

MediaLIon
Local Performer

Happening to me as well - across all browsers and devices (even the app). It's become so bad that I've just gone back to Spotify for the time being.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MediaLIon. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing the distortion as well.

Could you share what you're using as your primary browser? 

Let me know, and I can help troubleshoot.

0 Kudos

mray
Local Performer

I have the same problem.  Happens very consistently.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mray. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this thread: Distortion / Loud Buzzing Noise Interrupting Songs 

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Windows or MAC computer?
  • Browser or desktop app? If you're using a browser, which one?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

hlslaughter
Local Performer

Me too! 

The problem really destroys the experience. It sounds almost like an FM station fading in and out along with brief skips.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @hlslaughter. 👋

Could you provide more details about how you're listening when this happens?

• Windows or MAC computer?
  • Browser or desktop app? If you're using a browser, which one?
  • Does this occur with every song? Or, certain songs in particular?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

herbiehollar
Local Performer

Why doesn't Pandora just fix the problem?! 4 pages of posts and no solution. It's been happening to me in 3 different browsers on a Mac starting since 2 weeks ago. 

It's been 3 weeks since ^ this post and the problem still exists. What is the solution?

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @herbiehollar. 👋

Thanks for your feedback.

I can report your experience to our engineering team. They are currently investigating this.

In the meantime, I've escalated your issue to our User Support team so that they can take a diagnostic. Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

0 Kudos

MediaLIon
Local Performer

Chrome, but again, it occurs across any browser: FF, Brave, Safari.

0 Kudos