cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set Explicit Filter on Desktop

jimbo44
Local Performer

how does one do this on the web site. you are not anxious to help us here that is evident and resented. jimbo44

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jimbo44

I'm happy to help. I moved your post over to the Desktop board to keep the community organized.

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language.

To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

++

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jimbo44

I'm happy to help. I moved your post over to the Desktop board to keep the community organized.

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language.

To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

++

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Coachrpfeifer
Local Performer

How do I change settings so that explicit language will not play while I’m at work? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Coachrpfeifer I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Set Explicit Filter on Desktop

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can prevent explicit content from playing on your stations.

For instructions on how to enable this filter from a mobile device, check out this thread here.

Hope this helps!