cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Stops When Listening to Albums + Playlists

ChipStewart
Underground

I have a similar problem, but don't even get to hear one song.  When I click on a station, I have no problems, but when I click on an album, I have to watch a video, then the album shows as playing, the slider moves in real-time, but there is no audio.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
65 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @BethOwl. 👋

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. 

Does this sounds issue only happen when you listen from Safari? 

If so, we do have an internal ticket open with our engineering team for listeners having trouble with the sound playing on Safari web browsers.

While I have a trace enabled on your Pandora, could you please try running through these steps for your Safari browser? You can find those steps here: Safari Troubleshooting

++

Also, which station are you having trouble with? I can take a deeper look to see what's happening.

Please let me know if the issue persists after trying out those steps. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

who
Underground

I believe the Shuffle was set under My Collections > Stations and I unselected Shuffle.  I works fine now.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @who

Feel free to let us know if you need anything else. Glad to hear you're back to listening! 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

JMHenderson0711
Underground

When playing from the web player my Pandora, which has done this for months and months, will only play stations. I get uninterrupted listening from stations but anytime I try to play a playlist, an album, or an artist, I might hear 10 seconds of a song, I might hear three songs, but inevitably will stop during the middle of a song. This happens on every computer I use at work and at home and DOES NOT happen on my phone, my xbox, or my playstation.

The bar at the bottom showing the elapsed time of the song often continues, though no audio can be heard.

To be clear I have troubleshot this in many different ways, it is not a PC problem, it is not a network problem, it is a Pandora web player problem on my account. Thank you. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JMHenderson0711. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Which web browser are you using when this issue occurs?

I would first recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps for your specific browser while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account: 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

JMHenderson0711
Underground

I am using Firefox, but I have also tried using Chrome and Edge, the same problem is represented across browsers on multiple computers. Every browser and system is fully updated and I have been having this issue for months. It is certainly not on my end, it wouldn't do it over multiple computer systems, on multiple browsers, and on every single network, home, work, public, private, or otherwise. There has got to be an issue with the web player or, for some reason, my account.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JMHenderson0711 Thanks for following up.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos

JMHenderson0711
Underground

The error is still occurring, it happened just moments ago while listening to a playlist.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

RickyP602
Local Performer

Having the exact same issue but only on playlists that are short. It is insanely aggravating. For one playlist I have I think I can only listen to 3 songs before it stops. A refresh will fix it for a few songs. Please look into it. You can trace my account if needed.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JMHenderson0711 @RickyP602. 👋

Thank you both for reporting this issue. I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team so that they can investigate this further. I've also enabled traces on your individual accounts so that our engineers can take a look. 

Are you running any other programs when this happens? Like Adobe Software?

++

@RickyP602 Not sure if you've tried out these steps yet but they may be helpful:

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. 🎧

0 Kudos

RickyP602
Local Performer

Often times running other software, although no adobe connect. I listen to music while playing computer games mostly. So whatever game i'm playing and discord are the programs that are normally running. No adobe applications running generally.
Thanks for taking a look!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @RickyP602. I will share this additional info with our engineering team. 👍

0 Kudos

busone10
Underground

I have been having this problem for months. It started out having some problems playing on the windows desktop app, It started out as a small issue and the sound would stop (from Pandora only) but the timer would keep counting until the song would finish (but still no sound). I would then be able to hit the next button to skip songs and it would start to play sound again for a bit but then no sound again and I would have to close and re open the app. At other times I just couldn't play any of my songs and it would just get stuck on buffering. I would then play Pandora on Firefox when the app gave me this issue. After a while I couldn't use the app and just used Firefox to play my music all together. Then I started having a problem playing music from Firefox as well. I then tried to use Chrome but that quickly had the same issue. I have this same issue from home on my windows desktop PC AND at work on my windows Laptop that i use a separate account on but I have NO issues at all with playing from my phone.

So far I have completely uninstalled the desktop app and cleared all history/cache then reinstalled the app multiple times but no changes. I also cleared all history and cache from Firefox and Chrome with no changes either. I have no other sound issues on my PC except with Pandora. Its pretty clear this problem is from Pandora in some way if its the ONLY thing that gives me a sound problem from my PC.

After reading this thread https://community.pandora.com/t5/Desktop/Playlist-won-t-play-on-Windows-Desktop-App-Web/td-p/16106 I realized my problem seams to be more with "my collection" of saved music and playlists. At this time i am currently listening to a radio station on Firefox with no issues (for now).

I pay for family premium and I'm the only one who listens from a device other than a phone, so I'm the only one experiencing this issue but I need to get this fixed ASAP, I cant pay for something I can barely use or use properly.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @busone10. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I completely understand how frustrating that can be. 

Based on what you described, it sounds like you may be experiencing something similar to this thread: Music Stops When Listening to Albums + Playlists

Would you mind providing a few more details?

• Do you receive any error messages when this happens? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Just to confirm, this only happens if you listen to playlists, individual songs, or any on-demand content like albums? Your stations work on both the desktop app and your web browsers?
  • Are you running any other programs when this happens? Like Adobe Software?

Thank you for reporting this. Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

busone10
Underground
  1. I have no error messages
  2. I normally only listen to my playlists instead of radio statoins so I only tried the radio today after i saw the post as stated above. Yes stations seam to work on both the app and web browser so far.
  3. no other programs running
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @busone10. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team on an internal ticket for you. If you notice anything else, please let me know and I can add this info to the ticket. 🎧

smsamek
Underground

For many, many weeks (not even sure when it started) Pandora will stop outputting sound midway through a song, typically about one to three songs into a list.  The song will appear to be playing, but the sound drops out.  I downloaded the Pandora app to see if it would help.  No dice.  I'm on a Windows 10 pro desktop.  Specs below.  I removed my virus protection (now just on windows).  I can't see how to add Pandora to my windows firewall allowed list, just in case its that.  I never let the system sleep.  I stream Pandora and other music like crazy through my network to my Alexa with no buffering issues.  I play video on my desktop with no buffering issues.  I feel like something is hijacking sound away from the Pandora sound feed.  I can get sound back by refreshing once or twice.  Not sure what would be the problem or how to find it?  Help, please and thank you.  I am a premium subscriber now.  All my hardware including my routers have been recently rebooted.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @smsamek. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to Pandora on Firefox and Chrome.

Does this occur when you're listening to stations, albums, podcasts, or playlists? Or, does it happen regardless of the content you're listening to?

Also, have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

It sounds like you may have tried some of the steps for general troubleshooting. I would recommend the following steps for your browser:

Another option is to try rebooting your connection to see if that helps.

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

smgowing
Local Performer

I am having this same issue. It started awhile ago.  I can just skip that song to the next and it starts playing again,

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @smgowing. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience.

Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows or MAC computers?

Let me know and I can send over troubleshooting steps. You can also try rebooting your computer using the steps from my post here🎧

0 Kudos