cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Website Security

hoops2213
Local Performer

Does any one know why Pandora changes from a secure website to a non-secure website every time the Consumer Cellular ad starts playing?  This happens every time their ad plays, and it changes the blue background to orange.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @hoops2213. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community!

Could you share a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

If you have a Mac:

• Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key.
  • This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

gallery
Underground

I am having the same problem. I just noticed that it says the site is not secure. This is not during an ad, but when my station is playing. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to add an image. I took a screenshot but when I click on the  camera icon above, there is no way to browse the computer for the image, it wants you to fill out a form - ? it says "source" - ? How do you attach an image?

I am listening to pandora music (not an ad) and it says the website is "not secure" with a triangle that has an exclamation point inside it - right before the site address (which is: https://www.pandora.com/station/play/4684780156310125884) Sorry, I would upload a screenshot but can't figure out how to do it. When I click on the camera icon above, there is no option to browse the pictures on my computer and upload. Just a form to fill out. Don't know what is meant by "source." 

Moderator Edit: Format and merged post

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @gallery! Thanks for posting. 

I merged your other post from Other Devices into this thread to keep things organized. I'm not able to replicate on my end. If you're able to share a screenshot that would be great. 

When you click on the camera icon, it should bring you to a pop up window that says Choose Files. 

If you're still having trouble, I can ask an agent from our User Support team to reach out to you via email. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.09.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.10.08 AM.png

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

gallery
Underground

Pandora.jpg

Above is a screenshot of what I was seeing.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @gallery. 👋

Thanks so much for posting that screenshot. I do see that you're listening to a station when this happens.

Are there any advertisements on the full screen - off to the side? If so, this may be a result of the advertisement as Google issues that "not secure" error when an insecure asset is discovered (like an ad or sometimes a podcast).

While we've always encrypted credit card details and passwords, we are happy to share that we've added the same level of security to our entire website by transitioning to HTTPS.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

TannerPandora

That’s exactly right, @AlyssaPandora. Chrome also has a very aggressive notification when it encounters an insecure asset, however  the good news is that the Pandora website is always secure.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

gallery
Underground

Don't remember if there were ads...but refreshing the screen eliminated the "not secure" icon and I haven't seen it since.