cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora doesn't play when screen is minimized.

otharj
Local Performer

I'm at work and Pandora is the only music site that plays on my PC but when the PC times out or if I minimized the screen Pandora quits playing. The only reason I subscribed to Pandora is because I thought I was going to be able to listen to it at work which I can but with a time out and minimized screen problem. Does anyone have a solution for this because I would really hate to give up the subscription because I can't listen to the music at work. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @otharj! 👋🏻Thanks for posting to community! I moved your post over to our Desktop board to help keep things organized. 

Could you clarify what you mean by 'PC times out'? Are you getting any type of message that pops up?

Also, are you listening from:

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Sometimes when computers go into a power-save mode and/or when a screensaver turns this disrupts the music stream. You would need to adjust any power-save options. 

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

otharj
Local Performer

PC times out means if you don't do anything for 10 minutes with the computer it will time out, minimize the screen and 5 minutes later the screensaver will start. I'm at work trying to listen to Pandora on Pandora's website and the my place of employment uses Microsoft Edge as their browser. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @otharj, based on your description is sounds like your PC is going into a power-save mode when it times out or the screensaver is activated. This may be affecting the playback on your computer. 

I would recommend adjusting these settings, this may mean not letting the computer 'sleep' when a screensaver comes on and/or adjust any power-save options or turn them off completely. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos