cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora just quits

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi,  I was listening to a favourite album on my iPhone and noticed it was playing songs I didn't recognise so I turned off my iPhone and sat down at my Mac opened Pandora and checked the Playlist out while it was still playing.  I noticed right away that an album of 11 songs from an artist I recognised had been added to the end of my playlist.  These were definitely not songs that I would have added and if I had added them I would have mixed them up amongst the rest of my list.

So my first question is why are they showing up like this.   I certainly didn't click on the Add Similar Songs icon.   I never, ever  use that.

My second question had to do with the message I received after I had watched my last song play.  I watched as it ended,  I was waiting to see if it started playing my Playlist again from the beginning.  Instead  a brief  message popped up saying " Something has gone wrong, we are working on the issue ".    I expected  the Playlist to start playing over again but it's been off for 1/2 hour now and it doesn't look like it is going to continue playing unless I click on a song to play.  I tried clicking on the last song that had just ended but got no response.  I then tried clicking on another  song on the list and it finally started playing.  Once again I clicked on the last song on the list and waited for it to finish, this time there was no message but the background colour the theme changed however the Playlist did not start over again.   I know this is a long post but I wanted you to see exactly what was going on as it happened in real time.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Tanner,  haven't had a chance to try your suggestions until today and it appears to be working ok I did not get an error message.   However once it had completed playing the Playlist I noticed that  the name of song shown in the slot at the bottom of the page had now changed to the name of the first song in the Playlist.   It was not playing though,   is there a way that I can have the Playlist automatically continue to play again from the beginning.

I've decide to use Chrome whenever I can to list to Pandora,  instead of using Safari.  

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @daleslad,

Can you let me know the name of the playlist that this happened on? Were you able to remove the songs? Have you noticed any other out of place songs or stations?

To address your second question, I'll need some additional details. Which browser are you using? Was it the same playlist as above? If not, can you let me know the name of this playlist? Were you able to reproduce the error message again?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Tanner,    the playlist was called "Sleep"   and yes I was able to remove the songs.  

I have tried to duplicate what I was doing when the error occurred, however I couldn't remember if I was using Chrome or Safari.  So I decided to try testing both of the browsers and I found that Chrome did not generate an error message but Safari did.   

I remembered that while I had been listening to the songs on my playlist with my desktop computer,  I decided to move a few songs around to place some of the songs I rarely get to hear at the top of the list.     This had no effect on Chrome but it did on Safari.   The same message popped up as before,  "Something has gone wrong ........"    I tried refreshing the website but the message popped up again as soon as it had refreshed.   I also went to my Chrome browser which I had open but not playing on the Pandora website and refreshed it also.   It  came up with the same message when I tried to click on a song to play.

I hope I have answered all of your questions Tanner.  By the way this is not something that has just happened in the last few days.    I have been having problems like this for quite a while where the screen will just freeze and nothing I click on will respond.   I usually just close and restart Pandora and it starts working again.   I've just never had the time to look into it much.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the details @daleslad, appreciate the time you took. 

I've had a similar experience myself using Pandora with Safari. I try to use Google Chrome when I can. 

If you prefer Safari, I can send over some troubleshooting steps that may be helpful. 

In the meantime, I've listed some steps for Chrome. Let's see if they will help with your experience.

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Tanner,  haven't had a chance to try your suggestions until today and it appears to be working ok I did not get an error message.   However once it had completed playing the Playlist I noticed that  the name of song shown in the slot at the bottom of the page had now changed to the name of the first song in the Playlist.   It was not playing though,   is there a way that I can have the Playlist automatically continue to play again from the beginning.

I've decide to use Chrome whenever I can to list to Pandora,  instead of using Safari.  

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos