cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10: Pandora Won't Play

david2
Underground

I click on the play triangle icon and nothing happens. I can login to Pandora, but not play.

When I select a different station, I see an icon consisting of two concentric circles, decorated with four curves. The icon is rotating on the screen, but silent.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

david2
Underground

We have no problem listening to Pandora using our Roku device and TV.

I tried connecting to Pandora using Chrome, and after logging into Pandora, it started playing.

I closed Chrome and went back to Firefox, connecting to pandora.com. It said someone else was listening (because I hadn't stopped the music) and asked if I wanted to listen. I answered yes and immediately heard the music!

So I guess something was jammed and was corrected by logging in briefly from Chrome.

A mystery, but at least it seems to have a solution.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@david2 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

david2
Underground

Adam,

Thanks for answering.

Using Firefox 76.0.1 on Windows 10, I visit pandora.com . I see that I'm already logged in (thanks for that). I capture your screenshot. Here it is:

ScreenshotScreenshot

I put on my headphones to listen. Silence.

I click on the big triangle at the bottom center of the webpage. Nothing happens.

I hope that is enough information for a real answer, please.

David

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@david2 Thanks for following up.

I recommend running through our General Troubleshooting for Firefox

It may also help to try streaming Pandora on a different browser (ex: Google Chrome).

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

david2
Underground

I started Firefox in Safe Mode (with all addons disabled), and the same thing happens: no audio.

I also tried allowing cookies and storage from pandora.com, and that too failed.

Also, the Help article had to be magnified because its text size was too small for me to see.

Can anyone else help?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @david2. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble.

Did you get a chance to try a different web browser to see if the issue persists?

This will help us determine whether this is a browser-related issue. Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

david2
Underground

We have no problem listening to Pandora using our Roku device and TV.

I tried connecting to Pandora using Chrome, and after logging into Pandora, it started playing.

I closed Chrome and went back to Firefox, connecting to pandora.com. It said someone else was listening (because I hadn't stopped the music) and asked if I wanted to listen. I answered yes and immediately heard the music!

So I guess something was jammed and was corrected by logging in briefly from Chrome.

A mystery, but at least it seems to have a solution.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know! @david2 

I would disregard the error message as it was probably from the Chrome connection. 

Glad to hear that you're back in business. Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mike3056
Local Performer

Firefox, no sound

0 Kudos

david2
Underground

@mike3056, I assume you are piggybacking on my posting instead of making a new posting of your own.

For people to help you, you have to provide much more information.

Here are some questions for you to answer:

What are you running Firefox on (desktop, mobile phone, Linux, Windows, Mac)? Did you try Pandora on another device like Roku or XBox? What was the result? Is this the first time you are using Pandora, or did the problem start suddenly? Are you trying to listen in a muted tab? Do you have a Pandora account or are you trying to listen without logging in? And those are just for starters.

I'm not promising to help,, because I don't know how Pandora works internally, just giving you advice about asking a question in a way that will get a response.

0 Kudos

mike3056
Local Performer

It keeps jumping from artist to artist and won't play. I am on a computer.

windows, website?

Firefox, no sound

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mike3056 I moved your new comments back into your original post.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Firefox Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

kugol
Local Performer

Ef it, Spotify it is.

0 Kudos