Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 04/22/2021: Unable to Shuffle

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 04/22/2021: Hi everyone! 👋

Thank you for reporting this issue with the Shuffle feature. We have shared your feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket so they can investigate. They are now aware of this and they're working on it. In the meantime, please keep an eye on this thread as this is where will be providing updates on the status of the fix for this. 🎧

_______________________________________________________________________________________

04/23/2021 Pandora Update: Hi everyone! 👋We believe the error when attempting to shuffle music on our website has been resolved. If you're still having trouble, please try out the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser / Pandora Desktop app. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let us know if you continue to experience this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

04/23/2021 Pandora Update:

The issue where listeners were unable to shuffle their stations on web has now been resolved.

This post will be closed from further comment. If you experience this issue again in the future, please create a new post and reference this existing thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

04/23/2021 Pandora Update: Hi everyone! 👋 We believe the error when attempting to shuffle music on our website has been resolved. If you're still having trouble, please try out the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser / Pandora Desktop app. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let us know if you continue to experience this issue. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

View solution in original post

86 Replies

sh3rryg3s
Local Performer

The Shuffle function is not working. Collected screen shows at Shuffle On but will not move off of station it is on. Tried skipping to next song, removed station from shuffle selection, etc., etc., Stations will not shuffle. Now Playing screen shows the specific station that is playing, It does not show as Shuffle. 

kmmeyer42
Local Performer

I just saw that you posted 5 hours ago that the shuffling problem was now fixed.  I am still having the same issue.  I cannot get pandora to shuffle all of my stations.  It keeps just playing one.  I have all of them marked to include in the shuffle and I still only get one station.  Please tell me how I can fix this.  Thank you.

Love my music

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @sh3rryg3s. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and are currently investigating.

We appreciate your patience while we work on this. 🎧

skromnypani
Local Performer

Glad to hear you are working on it!  I'm having the same issue and am now only able to hear my last station, which is Christmas music ....

whitmer
Local Performer

Will not shuffle as well. However I CAN change from the last station to another station.

duckslapper86
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I am using a windows laptop, I have used both Internet Explorer and Google chrome. The error message on both browsers says "We could't start the selected station. We started playing your last station instead." No screenshot though.

giantspeck
Local Performer

I am using Vivaldi on macOS 11.2.3 and Shuffle All Stations stopped working this afternoon.  It's only playing one station at a time and is giving me the same error message as @duckslapper86.

theBARguy
Local Performer

my shuffle is not working and its worked fine for years ....now it says shuffle is on ,i have about 8 stations selected and its stuck on the same station not even one that i have chosen in the shuffle...im using a mac laptop

Virajasaur
Underground

Stations are not changing even though shuffle is active. Problem occurring on Desktop and Mozilla browser. Please fix this issue soon, I would like to use Pandora sometime tonight when I am working

ktroy
Local Performer

Same issue here.

NeoBlakkrstal
Opening Act

I too am having this issue. I hit shuffle and it says "Unable to start your selection, starting previous selection instead." On PC, WIndows 10 Home, Firefox browser AND Desktop App doing same thing. I am able to manually change stations by clicking on individual stations one at a time. Is working fine on my Android phone.

wizard1451
Local Performer

I am also having this issue, was working fine at the beginning of the night when I just clicked play on the already open window, but when I later had to refresh, it stopped shuffling, only playing a single station at a time. Clicking on shuffle gives the same message as above. I have tried on Windows 10 with Brave, Chrome, and Firefox. All do the same.

staffsecondline
Local Performer

Ditto on the "We couldn't start the selected station. We started playing your last station instead."  Tried on Mac/windows still the same thing.....the only reason I subscribed to Pandora.

Saavedro88
Opening Act

I'd like to add my issue to this thread, I seem to be having the same trouble. When I logged in to my computer this morning, I was only able to play one station. When I refreshed the page, the player doesn't work at all now. I have also submitted a support ticket. 

I would like to add that @AdamPandora informed me yesterday that the repeating station issue on Shuffle mode had been hot-fixed, and it does seem to be working much better on the mobile app, however now we are having this issue on the browser player. 

Spanky
Local Performer

Hello, I am hoping someone has had this issue or has options for how to fix. I have tried everything I can think of from updating browsers, changing browsers, even using three different computers. 

Last night my stations just stopped shuffling. In my collection under stations I have about 100 different stations listed, all of them have the blue shuffle icon on, in the top right it says shuffle stations on, and in the drop down it says shuffle all stations. But when I play music or log in it just plays the same station. When you go to now playing it only has the station its playing listed on top instead of shuffle all like it used to on top. 

I am at a loss and can not figure out what is going on.  Please help!!!

AP1529
Underground

Same issue. "We couldn't start the selected station. We started playing your last station instead". Support ticket submitted as well.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kmmeyer42 @Virajasaur I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Shuffle Doesn't Work

Additionally, @skromnypani @whitmer I've sent all of your feedback over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@duckslapper86 @giantspeck @theBARguy @ktroy @NeoBlakkrstal @wizard1451 @staffsecondline @Saavedro88 @AP1529 Hi everyone! 👋🏽

I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Shuffle Doesn't Work

I have added your feedback to the new ticket we have open with our engineering team regarding this issue.

Keep an eye on this thread as this is where will be providing updates on the status of the fix for this. 🛠

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spanky I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Shuffle Doesn't Work

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!