cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/22/2021: Web / Desktop App Won't Load

dlpecotte
Local Performer

I understand there is an issue with the shuffle function. In an attempt to make repairs do you have the entire Pandora system down?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/27/2021: Hi everyone!👋

We believe this issue has now been resolved. If you're still having trouble, please try out the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser / Pandora Desktop app. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let us know if you continue to experience this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 Replies

cityantiques
Local Performer

Pandora won't play this morning now.  Started okay for a few minutes and then stopped.  Shows a record just spinning with no sound or details.  Have restarted system and logged back in.  Any ideas?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cityantiques. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Please check out my post about this here.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

lopezaealr
Local Performer

no shuffle on my yet and i also can not even get the one station to play music

0 Kudos

TEGuymon
Local Performer

The same problem I see listed--shuffle-stations freezes on one. But today Pandora will not play even that one! Nothing works. No music! I rebooted the computer, shut off Pandora and restarted it. No solution! PANDORA DOES NOT PLAY AT ALL. What is the problem? I pay good money for this. This is unacceptable.

0 Kudos

jasonr358
Local Performer

It isn't just the shuffle feature. nothing is working right now

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dlpecotte @jasonr358 @TEGuymon @lopezaealr👋

Sorry to hear that. I have noticed a few similar reports on the community today. Unfortunately, I'm unable to replicate this from my end. Could you share a bit more about what you're experiencing?

If you haven't already, I would first recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser or Pandora Desktop App to see if it helps.

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let me know how it goes and how you're listening if you continue to have trouble. I'd like to gather more info to share with our team. 🎧

DSquid
Local Performer

I am having Pandora not load any of my saved stations or any of the artwork and will not play anything at all currently. is this the same issue?

0 Kudos

OpenHeart
Local Performer

Same issue as others have noted.  Pandora is not playing anything and is minimally responsive to changing from one piece of music to another.  It was last set on shuffle stations. You guys need to do something to fix this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @OpenHeart @DSquid. 👍

We've shared this information with our engineering team. If you're able to, please provide more details about how you're listening. You can find the requested info in my post here.

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

BobN
Local Performer

I am suddenly experiencing this exact same problem, except it occurred when I tried to use the Windows 10 desktop app. All the symptoms are the same (the desktop app looks and feels just like the browser), no sound when I click "play" triangle, spinning circles, etc. I use this app daily and this just started happening today.

After reading through this thread, I tried opening it in my browser (Firefox) and sure enough, it started playing correctly. I then closed and tried the desktop app again, hoping it would now be working, but no luck. I then went back to the browser and was planning to just listen from there for the day and see what happened with the app tomorrow. Unfortunately, I played with getting autoplay to work in Firefox and now Firefox is doing the same thing (not playing, just rotating disc). So I've got both the desktop app and Firefox in a broken state.

I then decided to use Edge. That is working for me right now, but I haven't tried going back yet. I'll try that, but I'm guessing that the desktop app probably still won't work, and that is what I really want to use, not a browser. Anything I can check to try to fix that?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @BobN. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. I moved your post over to this existing thread as other listeners have mentioned having trouble too: 04/22/2021: Web / Desktop App Won't Load

Please check out my post about this issue here.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble after running through the troubleshooting. 🎧

BobN
Local Performer

Thanks Alyssa. I followed your link for troubleshooting the desktop app and now it is working again. Resetting the app data and clearing the cache did not solve the issue, but uninstalling the app and reinstalling it through the Microsoft store did the trick.

I did try Firefox after this and it is still not working, but I have not gone through those troubleshooting steps yet.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BobN Thanks so much for letting me know. It sounds like you were able to get back to listening on your Pandora Desktop app. If you notice anything else, please feel free to reach out. 👍

geneb28
Local Performer

Windows desktop app loads but won't play.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @geneb28. 👋

Let's try out the troubleshooting steps for the Windows 10 Pandora Desktop app here.

Feel free to let us know if this helps with the issue you're experiencing. 🎧

genebel
Underground

pandora screen stuck on whirling disk with no sound.

@genebel try signing out, then sign back in. It helped me when I had the same problem occur. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

geneb28
Local Performer

service mysteriously returned to normal without further from me.

NeoBlakkrstal
Opening Act

Shuffle was not functioning, and it was announced the issue had been resolved. Well, it has, and it hasn't. It worked fine, then I shut down the PC and went to bed. When I got up today it was back to not functioning at all. I did an internal app fix and  an app reset, and it started working. However, this is unacceptable. I should not have to do this just to get the app to work. Windows 10 Home, Windows Desktop App. I have not tested the Browser version at this time as I do not want the app to quit working again.

0 Kudos