cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

localecho
Opening Act

Last week I noticed that the station had stopped being displayed on the Shuffle Banner.

I just checked this out again today and when I scroll down far enough to show the banner, I no longer see the station, only what you see below. This happens with both Shuffle All and Shuffle Custom.

Was this an intended change or is it a bug?

Thanks,

John

Screenshot 2023-06-23.jpg

Labels (3)
114 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mikez1968 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

I've shared your report with the engineers who are currently looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jodabu1
Opening Act

@AdamPandora, I see that you posted yesterday. I can't speak to then, but as of this morning (08-25-2023) mine is working

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 8.27.11 AM.png

XCaliber
Opening Act

I would like to see the Station that is playing the current song also.

mikem
Opening Act

This had been working properly for a few weeks and as of today Shuffle is no longer showing what station is playing. Very unhappy as this had been fixed!

tc-tunes
Opening Act
Noticed the same!  Very sad.

Jodabu1
Opening Act

It's still working fine for me. I can see what station a song is playing from on my machine. I'm on a Mac if that makes any difference. I tested the downloaded desktop app, in Chrome, as well as Safari. All are showing the station while in shuffle stations mode.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (08/30/2023): Hi all 👋

Thank you for reporting your experience with the shuffle feature no longer showing which station a song played from. The moderation team has ensured that the appropriate team is aware of this and can investigate it further. All reports posted on this thread are shared with our engineering team.

We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process. 🎧

*Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.*

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

mikem
Opening Act

Not working for me. I use Firefox browser and it was working until yesterday! 

Makes no sense as it was working properly until yesterday for me!

mod edit: merged comments

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

It hasn't been working for me since I started this thread & I listen all day on my laptop while working. Its really frustrating

tc-tunes
Opening Act

Wow!  That was a short lived fix!   Hey Pandora, while your at it implement the same for mobile!!

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Same here. I've been awfully jealous of all these people saying theirs have been working recently 

XCaliber
Opening Act
Can you upload a picture of what it should look like ?
Thanks.

Bill A.
0 Kudos

mike44
Opening Act

Yup. same here. was working fine for a few weeks, now has reverted back to the pre-fix.

I use google chrome.

Jadabu1 posted a picture of it working above during the few weeks while it was working

It was working 8/12 to 8/29

While shuffling, when scrolling down, at the top of the page it says "Ride On Radio" which is the station name, instead of just saying "Shuffle"

My guess is someone put a hot fix in, that got overwritten by an incorrect git code merge from an older branch.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Jodabu1
Opening Act

This morning, Pandora automatically launched me into the "Now Playing" screen with shuffle stations on. However, the information bar that usually pops up after scrolling down did not show. I went to "My Collection," selected a random station (not shuffling), turned shuffle stations back on, and then went back to the "Now Playing" screen. Everything is back to normal.

I can't explain that one or why some of us have this feature broken while others (like myself) have it working.

For those with this feature not working, did you try clearing the browser's or App's cache, exiting the browser/app, rebooting your computer, and then relaunching Pandora? I know that's a pain and not a real solution, but it would be interesting to know whether that worked or not.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 9.32.48 AM.png

0 Kudos

Jodabu1
Opening Act

@XCaliber and anyone else not sure how to find this feature and what it looks like, from the "Now Playing" tab/view, scroll down until somewhere around where the about the artist or similar artist appears. Eventually, an information bar should appear near the top (just below the search field). Here's a screenshot with that area highlighted. In this example, the song is "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie and the station it's playing from is "Glam Mix."

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 9.32.48 AM.png

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

So mine & it seems several other's doesn't display the station, it just says Shuffle: artist, name of song. Its displaying Shuffle instead of the station....I'm glad its working for you but as of right now mine still isn't working. I know exactly what you're talking about because I use this info to keep a spreadsheet of my thumbs up so I don't thumbs up the same song on multiple stations so I'm struggling to keep track without the name of the station. Thanks for your feedback! 

Jodabu1
Opening Act

@karalivbus, mine was doing that a few weeks ago (maybe a month ago). It's frustrating. It was resolved for me on 08/17/2023. Did you try clearing the cache and rebooting, etc.? I'm asking just to know. I'm no programmer, but I've worked with many to know that it's one thing if something isn't working for anyone, but it's more challenging to determine if something is working for some but not for others.

mikem
Opening Act

I have cleared cache and reboot each time I open my desktop to no avail. Makes Pandora look quite inept that it was fixed and is now broke. Shuffle does not show the station that is playing. Somebody in charge of Pandora programming needs to get this fixed as there are many, many unhappy subscribers who pay for this streaming service.

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

Yes I have tried clearing cache & cookies...I have a different laptop maybe I'll try that. 

Jodabu1
Opening Act

@karalivbus, that would be an interesting test. My everyday machine is a Mac, but I also have a PC. I'll see what that one does.

0 Kudos