cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Web: Loading + Buffering Issues (05/06/22)

lsndinfes3
Local Performer

Windows 10 Home

Chrome (already updated to latest version while troubleshooting this issue).

I have had a paid account for years.

Since Thursday the 5th of May about noon.

When I log in and attempt to play something it just says "BUFFERING....", it never plays.

I can click on other songs/stations and it will just load it (everything loads) but then it just sits "BUFFERING...".

Tried on my Iphone 12, it works and plays.  It plays even when I am signed into my account.

Tried on the same computer using another browser (Windows Edge).  Before I signed in with my Pandora account it plays just fine.  The second I sign into my Pandora account it won't play anything.  "BUFFERING...."

I then deleted all cookies on Windows edge and did not sign into my Pandora account, and it plays.

I then sign into my Pandora account on windows edge and only  "BUFFERING....".

I then rebooted my PC.

I then deleted all cookies on Chrome and did not sign into my Pandora account but loaded a station, and it plays.

I then sign into my Pandora account on Chrome and only  "BUFFERING....".

I then installed a new browser that has never been on my PC before, FireFox, and went to Pandora, I did not sign into my Pandora account, it plays just fine when loading a station.

I then logged into my Pandora account on FireFox and only  "BUFFERING...."

I then tried another PC in my home, using Chrome and Windows Edge, and completed ALL of the steps above using both Chrome and Windows Edge and the exact same thing happens.  Pandora will not play if I am signed in.

This is not my PC (multiple PC doing the same thing).  This is not my browser (multiple browsers doing the same thing across multiple PCs). This is a problem on your end with my account.  Please fix my account now.  

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @pattyo2148. If you notice any major issues, please let us know. We believe this issue has now been resolved.

Hopefully you're back to listening to your favorites today! 🎶

++

Since this issue has now been resolved, this thread has been closed. If you encounter any buffering with Pandora on your web browser, please create a new thread with details about your experience. 

Thank you so much! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies

spinkrojo
Local Performer

I'm having the exact same issue

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @lsndinfes3 @spinkrojo. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to Pandora when logged in. 

Are you noticing any other error messages (other than buffering)?

Since you're having trouble with the buffering error across multiple browsers, let's try rebooting your connection.

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

NickWhite
Underground

I am having the same problem as OP. I have tried all you mentioned and it continues to fail due to "BUFFERING". This also began today. So frustrating!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @NickWhite. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Which web browser are you using when you experience the buffering?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

ag95073
Local Performer

I use Pandora every day from my windows desktop.  Today will not load...buffering for Hours!!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ag95073 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: Loading and buffering issues (05/06/22)

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. I have a few troubleshooting steps I would recommend, while the trace is enabled.

++

Desktop App Troubleshooting for Windows:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

nkr2169
Local Performer

My Pandora is saying, "Something has gone wrong. We are working to get this issue resolved."  And nothing ever changes, for 3 days now.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nkr2169 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

0 Kudos

nkr2169
Local Performer

Windows, on website, from Chrome

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @nkr2169.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: Loading and buffering issues (05/06/22)

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

wendellchap
Local Performer

I am having the same problem

0 Kudos

rwholly
Local Performer

I am having the same problem as well, on Chrome and Edge. Works fine on my tablets and Android phone. Sometimes Edge will play a single song then stop and go into buffering. Today I'm getting the error message again "Something went wrong, we are working on it." Yesterday was just the Buffering. Chrome, Edge, Windows all up to date on updates. I pay the Premium subscription.

Update: It also doesn't matter if I'm using wi-fi or a hard line to the router. Router and modem have both been rebooted as well.

0 Kudos

BruceLee
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  I'm on Win12 pc.  My smart device is working ok, except I'm still getting ads between every song.  

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

wendellchap
Local Performer
This exactly the problem I am having!!   PANDORA CORRECT PLEASE!@!!
0 Kudos

pattyo2148
Underground

05/08/2022 Long time Subscriber. this past week, Pandora plays just one single song and then stops. Notes come on saying they are working on problems with audio, is it the Russians??
Just tried again, changed stations, note came up "Something went wrong, working on it". As I said, this has been going on since last week. Just had auto renewal, so not a money issue. Email from Pandora would help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pattyo2148 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Or if you'd prefer to reach out to our support team for help via email, you can send them a message here.

0 Kudos

NickWhite
Underground

Began having these troubles on Chrome. Went though all the recomended fixes with no improvement. Downloaded Edge and have the same results. 

0 Kudos

Renepickler
Underground

I am having the same issue.  I am playing on a Dell desktop computer with Windows and am listening on Google Chrome.  When I first launch the website I get a messaged that "Something has gone wrong and we are working on it...."  It will play one song and then nothing else.  I don't get another error message when the first song ends.  It just will not play. 

Update - doesn't work on Edge either. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BruceLee I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Buffering issues:

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ads between every song:

Thanks for your feedback around the frequency of our advertisements.

Check out this thread for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos