cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari: Music stops at the commercial break

JakeFortune
Local Performer

Using a 2019 MacBook Pro, Safari 16.4 and Ventura 13.3.1

During playback, Pandora pauses at the commercial break and has to be restarted by pressing play.  Every. Stinking. Time.  I didn't realize how many commercials are played.  It is ... annoying. 

I have deleted cache, history, and cookies.  No help.  I've deleted and reloaded Safari.  No change.  I'm not using Chrome or any other browser, so that's not an option.  No ad blockers.  No firewalls.

Any ideas?

Labels (3)
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JakeFortune. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience and for providing your computer details.

While you may not want to switch browsers, often times we can determine whether the issue is browser-related if you try a different one.

In the meantime, here are few other steps you can try:

1. Verify JavaScript is enabled:
    • Click Safari on the menu bar at the top of your screen and then Preferences.
    • Click on Security tab. Confirm that Enable JavaScript is selected.
  2. Verify pop-ups settings for the Pandora website:
    • Visit the Pandora website.
    • Click Safari > Settings for This Website.
    • Uncheck Enable Content Blockers and confirm the setting for Pop-up windows is set to Allow.
  3. If you have the AdBlock extension, click the AdBlock icon on your tool bar and select Don't run on this domain. 
  4. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
  5.  You can also try rebooting your connection: 
    1. Shut down your device completely;
    2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
    3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
    4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.
    5. Finally, go back to www.pandora.com.

I hope these steps help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

callicebay
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. 2020 MacBook Pro. Ventura 13.3.1. Safari 16.4. Java enabled. No content blockers.
Song plays. Then silence because I have to hit play again to hear an ad. Then silence. Hit play again to hear another ad. Then silence. Hit play again to hear a song or two. Then silence. Hit play again to hear an ad...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@callicebay Did you have a chance to try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome? I understand switching browsers isn't an ideal solution, but this will help determine whether or not this issue is browser-specific.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos