cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to load on Firefox

Listener001
Not applicable

What browser works best for Pandora? I'm using Pandora on Firefox and it keeps acting up while I'm fine tuning my station some more.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved this over to the Desktop space since this issue sounds specific to your laptop.

You can try running through the following troubleshooting steps to see if they help resolve this: Firefox Troubleshooting

You can also try streaming Pandora on a separate browser (ex: Google Chrome) to see if you have better luck there.

That being said, if other streaming websites such as YouTube are also slow to load, then you may be correct that the issue is related to the device itself.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 You should be able to stream Pandora on Firefox.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? What exactly do you mean by it's acting up?

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Nope, there's no error messages or anything. My laptop's internal wi-fi adapter quit working some time ago and I have an external wifi usb adapter connected. It's supposed to be really fast. I wonder if it's just my laptop and I prolly need to reboot it. My laptop is old and I have a feeling I'm getting an Apple laptop for Christmas. When I get I'm gonna do Pandora on there and just use this laptop I'm on just for ripping music CDs to my music collection. Firefox seems so slow when it's loading up and that's what I mean by acting up.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved this over to the Desktop space since this issue sounds specific to your laptop.

You can try running through the following troubleshooting steps to see if they help resolve this: Firefox Troubleshooting

You can also try streaming Pandora on a separate browser (ex: Google Chrome) to see if you have better luck there.

That being said, if other streaming websites such as YouTube are also slow to load, then you may be correct that the issue is related to the device itself.

Hope this helps! 

Listener001
Not applicable

I investigated my wifi issue and I moved my little wifi usb adapter to the middle usb on my laptop and that's making the wifi connection better, but like I said before my laptop is so old and the wifi adapter has stopped working inside of it and if I do get a surprise for Christmas with an Apple laptop I will use that all for Pandora and other stuff and used my laptop I'm on now just for ripping CDs and other things like looking up CDs on the library website to see if I can find any of my thumbed up tunes on a CD somewhere :0).

0 Kudos

knorbeck
Local Performer

when i try to open pandora is keeps saying another web page slowing down firefox browser.  Pandora is the only web page i have open

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @knorbeck. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening from Firefox.

I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread as it includes the troubleshooting steps.

Let me know if you continue to run into this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jei
Local Performer

Poor performance with the website when using Firefox (Firefox: 84.2, 85.0; Windows: 10 2004). Same message below the address bar as knorbeck reported here: "A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do? [Stop it] [Wait]". Site eventually loads with no error. Poor performance when navigating the site, but playback is unaffected so long as system resources are available.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jei. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this as well. I completely understand how frustrating this can be. To keep the community space tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Slow to load on Firefox

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps in the accepted solution here.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos