cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smaller / Compact Windows Desktop App Option

horselass
Local Performer

Does anybody else hate this app as much as I do?  I would love to have the one I used to install on XP and Windows 7. It was so compact and complete.  Seems like more and more programs are detoriating rather than getting better.  Oh well....   Just venting.

Moderator Edit: Edited titled for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Drewmcg. 👋

Thanks so much for your post.

Compact Player Option:

We currently have an existing feature request for a compact player option here.

If you'd like to see an option like this, feel free to search for the suggestion on the main Feature Request page. Once you see the title, click on the ❤️icon to upvote this idea. 

++

Staying Signed In:

Are you signing out of the Pandora desktop app each time you're done with your listening sessions? 

Also, have you tried running through these steps to troubleshoot the desktop app?

Let me know if the steps help with the issue you're experiencing. 🖥

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @horselass - we always appreciate when listeners give feedback! I've passed this on to our products team. 

Thanks for posting to community! 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Drewmcg
Local Performer

I don't like how much screen real estate it takes up on opening. I wouldn't mind if it started in a compact player (like prior), and you could click an icon to maximize.

My main issue, though, is that it asks me to signon anew each time I open the app.   How do I get it to stop doing this?  I used to be able to sign into my account once (in the app) and not have to do so subsequently. TIA.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Drewmcg. 👋

Thanks so much for your post.

Compact Player Option:

We currently have an existing feature request for a compact player option here.

If you'd like to see an option like this, feel free to search for the suggestion on the main Feature Request page. Once you see the title, click on the ❤️icon to upvote this idea. 

++

Staying Signed In:

Are you signing out of the Pandora desktop app each time you're done with your listening sessions? 

Also, have you tried running through these steps to troubleshoot the desktop app?

Let me know if the steps help with the issue you're experiencing. 🖥

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

111Vark
Local Performer

Using Pandora since 2009.  Reset system and account.  Used to have a small 3x4 inch black box with album cover and song title.  Now its a window and only shrinks to bigger 5 or 6 inch rectangle with 50% wasted blank space.  Can I recover or get that older app thing?  Using Win10 and have the new multi-colored Quick-start P. (Used to be a tiny white box with a blue P).

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @111Vark. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized.

While this isn't a feature at this time, we do have a feature request for a more compact desktop app here. Feel free to leave a comment if you'd like to see this option implemented.

In the meantime, I've definitely noted your feedback regarding the new desktop app interface. It means a lot that you care enough to speak up. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

mhg10
Local Performer

Outstanding idea, bring back the old, minimalist player screen.  Don't try and cram all the bells and whistles into what was designed as a simple station player with minimal screen presence.  Stick with the KISS principle of design.  Make the old Pandora|One app a user installation choice.  The new desktop app doesn't do much more than the web page and a shortcut could do.

toy
Local Performer

It wat the Pandora Mini.  I LOVED that thing.  It worked great with Windows. I really wish they had updated it with the new versions of Windows. 

Althor007
Local Performer

I know the box you are talking about I had to reinstall windows and I couldn't find that mini Pandora player its gone why? now they have this lame one.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Althor007. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

It sounds like you're referring to the smaller Pandora One Desktop App. We no longer support this app. 

You can find out more information about our newest desktop apps here: Pandora Desktop App for Windows + MAC Computers

We currently have an existing feature request for a compact player option here.

To upvote this existing suggestion, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Hope this information helps clarify. 🎧