cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs skip rapidly automatically

AIR_HOZA
Local Performer

The songs never play. They say buffering, and then automatically skip through songs rapidly without playing anything. This is happening on my desktop, iphone, and ipad. I tried logging out and logging back onto my Pandora account. I tried restarting each device. Nothing has worked so far.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @AIR_HOZA. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

It's possible that this error message was triggered by multiple listeners on your account, a problem with Pandora on your device, or an issue with your internet provider.

This could also mean there were indications that the Pandora service was being accessed in ways that don't fit our Terms of Use. You can review our terms here.

When this happens, we automatically disable access to Pandora for a period of time.

You should be able to listen normally now. Let me know if you continue to run into this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @AIR_HOZA. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

It's possible that this error message was triggered by multiple listeners on your account, a problem with Pandora on your device, or an issue with your internet provider.

This could also mean there were indications that the Pandora service was being accessed in ways that don't fit our Terms of Use. You can review our terms here.

When this happens, we automatically disable access to Pandora for a period of time.

You should be able to listen normally now. Let me know if you continue to run into this issue. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ZR8DERZ
Underground

I have been having this same issue for about a month. I only listen on my computer through the Pandora website. I have had several issues with it telling me  "someone else is listening" as well. I have changed my Password and not had that reoccur, but am still randomly have the songs go through the skip/not play mode.  This has occurred on both my laptop and desktop, in different locations using different internet providers. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ZR8DERZ. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

++

Songs Skipping Through:

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening in case we need to escalate this to our engineering team.

The next time this happens, can you please let me know the approximate date and time?

I understand how inconvenient this is, however, I'd like to check in with our device team so they can investigate further.

Thanks for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

ZR8DERZ
Underground

It is occurring now (2021.02.03) at approx 12:40pm Pacific 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for letting me know, @ZR8DERZ.

To clarify, does this happen when you're listening to a station, playlist, autoplay, podcasts? Or, does it just happen at any given time?

How do you primarily listen when this occurs? Are you using a web browser or the desktop app? Windows or MAC computer?

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos

ZR8DERZ
Underground

Windows computer. Firefox browser. Personal station.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @ZR8DERZ. After looking at the trace, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary that would impact your listening sessions.

Let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps for your Firefox browser to see if helps with the issue you're experiencing. You can find the steps here.

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos