cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops playing after every song

CoachB4
Underground

I've had Pandora for over 2 years on my desktop, I have a Premium account.  There have been no changes to my computer or internet, but recently Pandora stops playing after 1 or 2 songs and I have to click to start it again.  Very annoying.  Why is this happening?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @CoachB4 Sorry for the confusion, in your previous post you wrote that you use Windows with Microsoft Edge. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening.

Can you please try the following steps:

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox:

• To install Chrome, go here.
  • To install Firefox, go here.

If you prefer Internet Explorer as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Clear your browser's Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History.

• Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
  • Select Internet Options.
  • On the General tab, under Browsing History, click Delete.
  • Check mark Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History and select Delete.

Also, check your setting for temporary internet file cache size. Under Browsing History click on the Settings option. Set the size of the cache to be 250 or higher depending on your available free hard drive space.

2. Turn off Compatibility View. It's located to the right of the address bar in the browser (the icon looks like a piece of paper torn in half). Click on the icon to disable it (blue is on, gray is off). If you don't see the icon, go to www.pandora.com and it will pop up.

If after going to www.pandora.com the icon is still not showing, check your Compatibility View Settings under the Tools menu (To bring up the Tools menu, hit the Alt key on your keyboard). Make sure that the first two check boxes, "Display all websites in compatibility view" and "Display all intranet sites in compatibility view" are NOT checked. If pandora.com has been added to the Compatibility View list be sure to remove it as well.

You can also press F12 to bring up the Developer's Toolbar in order to access the Tools menu. Click on the second to last tab titled Browser Mode and select Internet Explorer 11.

After completing these steps, close your browser completely, re-open it and go back to pandora.com.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @CoachB4. 👋

Could you share more details about how you're listening when this happens?

• Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  • A Mac or Windows computer?
  • Our website, or the desktop app?
    • If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Let me know, and I can get back to you with troubleshooting steps. I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

CoachB4
Underground

No Error message, using windows and Microsoft edge

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CoachB4 Thanks for following up with that information.

I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve this: Edge Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

CoachB4
Underground

I'm not using Microsoft Edge.  I have Explorer.  This is the same browser I've been using all along, but for the past month or so Pandora keeps stopping after a few songs play and I have to click to start it again.  There is no error message.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CoachB4 Sorry for the confusion, in your previous post you wrote that you use Windows with Microsoft Edge. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening.

Can you please try the following steps:

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox:

• To install Chrome, go here.
  • To install Firefox, go here.

If you prefer Internet Explorer as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Clear your browser's Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History.

• Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
  • Select Internet Options.
  • On the General tab, under Browsing History, click Delete.
  • Check mark Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History and select Delete.

Also, check your setting for temporary internet file cache size. Under Browsing History click on the Settings option. Set the size of the cache to be 250 or higher depending on your available free hard drive space.

2. Turn off Compatibility View. It's located to the right of the address bar in the browser (the icon looks like a piece of paper torn in half). Click on the icon to disable it (blue is on, gray is off). If you don't see the icon, go to www.pandora.com and it will pop up.

If after going to www.pandora.com the icon is still not showing, check your Compatibility View Settings under the Tools menu (To bring up the Tools menu, hit the Alt key on your keyboard). Make sure that the first two check boxes, "Display all websites in compatibility view" and "Display all intranet sites in compatibility view" are NOT checked. If pandora.com has been added to the Compatibility View list be sure to remove it as well.

You can also press F12 to bring up the Developer's Toolbar in order to access the Tools menu. Click on the second to last tab titled Browser Mode and select Internet Explorer 11.

After completing these steps, close your browser completely, re-open it and go back to pandora.com.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cotton66
Local Performer

OK it's a cell phone not a laptop or desktop 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cotton66 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. When you are streaming Pandora on your Android phone, does the music stop playing after only one or two songs?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

BanjEd
Local Performer

I am having same issue.  I am using Chrome on a Windows desktop computer with 10 installed. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @BanjEd. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

• Does this happen when you're listening to a station, podcast, or content on-demand (playlist, album, song)?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

Troubleshooting:

Did you get a chance to try out the steps from @TannerPandora's post here?

You can also find those steps here: Chrome Troubleshooting

I would recommend trying out those steps to see if helps with the issue you're experiencing.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

maralise
Local Performer

Same here.  Super annoying.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maralise Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

maralise
Local Performer
Roku TV

--
~Maralise
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maralise Do you notice this happens when the screensaver on your device appears?

Or does the music stop after each the first song that plays every time you try and stream Pandora on your Roku TV?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

jimponder
Local Performer

Microsoft users- you'll have to go to the Microsoft Store and download the Pandora App.  Since Pandora refreshes the page after every song, the auto play option isn't kept.  I was fighting that for a while before just doing this to solve the issue.

-Jim

0 Kudos