cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs Up / Down Buttons Missing

cg5000
Local Performer

I cant find these anywhere any longer! (Using Edge browser on desktop or while using Android app) Logged in and premium user.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cg5000. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. Sounds like you're using a Windows PC.

Could you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you attempt to use your Thumb feedback?

Please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

cg5000
Local Performer

It looks like I had to create a station from the song I wanted to thumbs up, before I could give a thumbs up. If you just type in search, find a song, I was unable to thumbs up song. Yes, Windows PC. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @cg5000. Sounds like you were listening to a song on-demand. 

Stations on Pandora Premium are guided by thumb feedback or added seeds, like Pandora and Pandora Plus stations. While listening to a station you can thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help us learn what to play next. In order to give thumb feedback, this would occur while you're listening to a station. 

If you listen to a song on demand that you like, you can add it as variety to one of your stations. Another option is to collect the song so that you can listen to it on-demand or offline, at a later time.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

mariafmora
Local Performer

Hello, my thumbs up/down is missing.  It was there yesterday. Can you please assist me with this? Thank you!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mariafmora. 👋

Sorry to hear that happened.

Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Or are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows / MAC?

++

Screenshot:

Could you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you attempt to use your Thumb feedback?

For Windows:

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here. You can post the screenshot in your next reply.

If you have a Mac:

1. Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
  2. Attach that screenshot in your next post.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

BarbaraTW50
Local Performer

Is this the most recent response?  Was a fix ever posted?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @BarbaraTW50. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening when this happens?

Are you using a device or a computer?

• If you're using a device, what is the make and model?

If you're using a computer, are you using Windows or MAC?

• Are you using the Pandora Desktop App?
  • Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Let me know and I can help. 🎧

0 Kudos

chordlow
Local Performer

I've also (recently) been unable to find the thumb's up feature.  Attaching link to a screenshot - I've looked on every view I can find.  If it is ANYWHERE, it is certainly not somewhere user-friendly.  Just cancelled my paid membership to join spotify - which I find more user intuitive.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @chordlow. 👋

Thanks for the link to the screenshot.

Looks like you're in a playlist view. That particular playlist is a Thumbs Up playlist including all of the Thumbs Up you've provided on that specific station (The Shins Radio). After you have thumbed up enough songs on any given station you've created, we'll automatically generate a "Thumbs Up" playlist for that station. In other words, we'll collect your thumbs up from that station into a unique playlist, so you can access all of your favorite tracks whenever you want.

++

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed-Up tracks from each of your stations. When you sign up for Pandora Premium, we begin it by adding your 1,000 most recent Thumbs (if you have that many). Moving forward, every time you Thumb Up a song on one of your stations or eligible playlists, it will be automatically added to My Thumbs Up.

Unlike Thumbprint Radio, which plays your Thumbed-Up tracks along with other you may like, My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed-Up.

To listen to this playlist, go to My Collection, sort by Playlists and select My Thumbs Up.

You can customize this playlist by manually adding or removing songs and your stations and additional playlists will not be affected.

++

Sorting your Collection:

You can also sort your content under My Collection (for some, My Music).

Select AlbumsSongsStations or Playlists and then sort your list using the caret on the far right of your screen. Please note that you can't currently sort your collection by Artists; these are listed alphabetically by default.

++

Using your Thumb Feedback for Stations:

Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for your stations. Without Thumb info, however, Pandora has to guess what songs you like or don't like, which can often lead to the problem you've described.

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb up and down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

This also means that you can use Thumbs to craft the sound you are trying to achieve and vary the playlists from station to station

Finally, you can use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts. Be sure to Thumb Up songs you liked to inspire similar songs to play.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🎧

0 Kudos

JCroop9
Local Performer

The thumps up buttons are missing because you are on the channel <radio thumbs up> instead of <radio> channel. Hence why no thumbs up. These channels only play your thumbs songs. Go back to your channels, you should have another option that doesn't end with thumbs up.

0 Kudos