cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Audio on Ubuntu

Cinder0
Local Performer

I just switched from windows to ubuntu, I have a premium account and all of a sudden I can't listen to songs and stuff like that on pandora, they play but there is no sound. The radio stations work fine. I'm a computer programmer so don't hesitate to get technical with me.

Thanks!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cinder0. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming Pandora.

Unfortunately, there are far more Linux distributions and configurations than we have the capacity to test, so we do not officially support the use of Pandora on Linux clients. However, Pandora is an HTML5 application, so it should work reasonably well on most up-to-date Linux desktop systems. 

Most modern computers will play Pandora without any modification, but at minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Microsoft Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

Hardware:

• Mac laptop: Intel Core Duo 1.5 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC laptop: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • Mac desktop: PowerPC G5 1.8 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC desktop: Intel Pentium 4 2.33 Ghz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM, or AMD Athlon 64 2800 or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cinder0. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming Pandora.

Unfortunately, there are far more Linux distributions and configurations than we have the capacity to test, so we do not officially support the use of Pandora on Linux clients. However, Pandora is an HTML5 application, so it should work reasonably well on most up-to-date Linux desktop systems. 

Most modern computers will play Pandora without any modification, but at minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Microsoft Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

Hardware:

• Mac laptop: Intel Core Duo 1.5 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC laptop: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • Mac desktop: PowerPC G5 1.8 GHz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM
  • PC desktop: Intel Pentium 4 2.33 Ghz or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM, or AMD Athlon 64 2800 or faster CPU, 1+ GB of RAM, 128+ MB of VRAM

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024