Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Download App from Windows Store

KumaKommando
Local Performer

I have tried:

• downloading from the microsoft store.
  • downloading literally anything else from the microsoft store which those apps downloaded and installed just fine.
  • I did the wsReset in CMD run as administrator it still won't install
  • I did the app reset in the apps and features section and it still won't install.
  • I cleared my windows cache and temp files and it still won't install.
  • I ran a malware scan and it still won't install.
  • just to be safe I ran chkdsk and it didn't find anything.

And yes, the most basic, I rebooted and went so far as to power cycle my laptop to see if that was the issue. It still won't install. I sit there and click it, the button registers the click and presses down, I let go, the button depresses and nothing happens. Task manager doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

Is this a regional thing where it won't work in the united states? Is the M$ store down? Is the desktop app no longer available and you have to use the website?
Is there a trick I'm not seeing in the first 5 pages of a DDG search?

Looking forward to putting my family plan back to use on my laptop. Thanks in advance for the help.

mod edit: format + changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KumaKommando. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this on the Pandora Community. Since this is happening on the Windows App Store, you may have find some help troubleshooting steps in this article.

I would also recommend checking the Region settings for your device. You can find more info on how to do this by clicking here

You’ll want to make sure that you’re set to the United States. If your device is set to anything else, you won’t be able to download the Pandora app on that device.

If you’re still having trouble installing Pandora, let’s run the troubleshooter for Windows Store apps:
  • Select the Start button
  • Then, select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.
To download the app directly, you can use this link.

You can also reach out to Microsoft Store support for further help.

Feel free to keep us updated on how it goes. 🎧
Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KumaKommando. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this on the Pandora Community. Since this is happening on the Windows App Store, you may have find some help troubleshooting steps in this article.

I would also recommend checking the Region settings for your device. You can find more info on how to do this by clicking here

You’ll want to make sure that you’re set to the United States. If your device is set to anything else, you won’t be able to download the Pandora app on that device.

If you’re still having trouble installing Pandora, let’s run the troubleshooter for Windows Store apps:
  • Select the Start button
  • Then, select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.
To download the app directly, you can use this link.

You can also reach out to Microsoft Store support for further help.

Feel free to keep us updated on how it goes. 🎧
0 Kudos

Stormpapa
Local Performer

You may have wanted to include a simple solution such as - here is the link direct from Microsoft https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/pandora/9WZDNCRFJ46V

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @Stormpapa. Great suggestion!

I've included the direct download link in the accepted solution.

0 Kudos