cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Shuffle and Pandora Modes

ImaPepper
Opening Act

I use the desktop version of Pandora in Win 10 and have never played around with tuning stations before, however recently, with all 30 of my stations in default mode, I've felt as though Pandora is not offering enough related artists for me to discover so I've been experimenting with Modes...  Question is - Is Modes NOT AVAILABLE when I'm in Shuttle mode?    In other words, if I want to use "Discovery" mode and Shuttle my stations, will I have to set each one of my 30 stations individually to Discovery to have Discovery my mode using Shuttle?    

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ImaPepper. 👋

Nice to see you around the community!

Glad to hear that you're exploring modes. Unfortunately modes aren't available while using the Shuffle feature. When you switch over to Shuffle, you won't remain in that specific mode. However, there are a few existing feature suggestions created by other community members that you may be interested in upvoting:

To upvote a feature suggestion, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the idea.

I've personally upvoted these two requests as well because I think those suggestions would make great features within the Pandora app and on desktop computers. 

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ImaPepper. 👋

Nice to see you around the community!

Glad to hear that you're exploring modes. Unfortunately modes aren't available while using the Shuffle feature. When you switch over to Shuffle, you won't remain in that specific mode. However, there are a few existing feature suggestions created by other community members that you may be interested in upvoting:

To upvote a feature suggestion, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the idea.

I've personally upvoted these two requests as well because I think those suggestions would make great features within the Pandora app and on desktop computers. 

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

ImaPepper
Opening Act

Thanks, Alyssa - It took awhile to figure out but I've now "hearted" both topics....   I also love some of the suggestions made in the threads such as having an ability to tune a various mode so you can dial in the degree that it's working and to perhaps have two modes set simultaneously but don't see a way to heart those suggestions... Most importantly, I'd love to have Shuffly mode pick up on how each of my channels is set within modes and play songs accordingly rather then just ignoring those settings completely... It's also be nice to be able to batch adjust my channels rather than have to set each and everyone individually when applying modes. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, @ImaPepper! I'm glad to hear that you were able to upvote (heart) some of those feature suggestions. 

I do see that you also contacted our support team regarding the heart issue - I've closed out that ticket as it sounds like you were able to get it done from your end.

I love your idea of a batch adjustment for your stations for modes. That would be a really cool idea! If you haven't already, feel free to create that feature suggestion here. I'm sure other listeners would be interested in having that ability as well. 👍

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ping me using @AlyssaPandora. I'm always happy to help or to chat about music! 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 😁

0 Kudos

Webdove
Opening Act

I am hoping that Alyssa will allow me to repost my reply on the feature request thread here as well, since I believe it will be of interest to anyone that finds this thread as well.

I found a short term solution. I created a new station from one of my artists.  I then added my other 250 artists to that station. I renamed the station "A-Z".

I then put that station in "Deep Cuts" mode.

From what I can tell it picks one of the stations artists and plays 4-5 deep cuts based on that artist, then in picks another artist and does the same. 

That is more or less what I expected from putting all my individual artist stations into Deep Cuts mode (which does not yet work when shuffling). The differences are that it plays a few songs from each artist choice rather than just one and it is much easier to change from "Deep Cuts" to "Discover" since you only have to change that in one place and not 250 places.