cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Audio Stops At 4:05

ChaseH
Local Performer

When playing via Desktop (on Chrome on Windows, Chrome on Mac, and Edge on Windows) any song longer than about four minutes stops playing at 4:05 consistently whenever I'm on a particular corporate network. Other users on the same network do not experience the same problem.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

GeraldPandora

Hi @ChaseH 👋

Thanks for being a part of the Community and posting your first post.

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: Chrome Troubleshooting & Edge Troubleshooting.

Additionally, we have a Desktop App for Windows here. I suggest downloading the app and try listening there to see if this is happening on the app and/or to distinguish if this is a web browser issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

kandinel
Local Performer

I have the same problem. It happens on Chrome, Edge & through the App. I have done all the different things listed through the different topics and still the sound stops.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @kandinel. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the track(s).
  • Does the song stop at exactly 4:05 as well? Or, are you noticing a different time?
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly happens?
  • Does the song ever advance to the next song?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
0 Kudos

ChaseH
Local Performer

I went through all of those troubleshooting steps with no improvement.

It just happened while listening to High Hopes Radio, the song was Turning Out by AJR. This one stopped at 4:11, but its usually been just after 4 minutes in. I've been listening for a few hours and this is the first song its done that. There are no error messages or anything to indicate that its not playing, other than the time playing stays at 4:05 (4:11, wherever it is). It doesn't ever move to the next song.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for the update, @ChaseH. I will add your experience to an internal ticket we have open for playback issues.

In the meantime, my last recommendation would to try rebooting, if you haven't already: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
0 Kudos

nb95
Local Performer

I'm glad I'm not alone!! I use Pandora during my planning times at work, so I'm also on a corporate network. I've tried logging out/in, resetting my laptop, clearing cache and repeating those steps, and switching browsers. Any song, any station, if the song itself is more than 4 minutes long, then the audio will cut out at 4:06 consistently and then won't continue to the next song.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @nb95 👋

Thanks for reporting this and taking the time to do the troubleshooting process.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening.

In addition, I've passed your experience along to an internal ticket that we have open so that our engineers can take a closer look at what's going on.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
0 Kudos