cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Media Keys on Windows 10 Stop Working

tczx3
Underground

Recently, my media keys have not been working to play/pause Pandora in my browser (Edge Chromium).  This seemed to somewhat coincide with an upgrade to Edge 90 and Windows 10 20H2 but it could be coincidence.  What I've found is that the media keys work for the first song played after the page has loaded.  Once a new song is started, the media keys no longer work.  It's possible there is a bug in the code that is somehow unregistering the media session provider.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tczx3. 👋

It sounds like you're using a web browser, not the Pandora Desktop app. Unfortunately, we don't support media keys for the web browser. You would need to use the keyboard shortcuts instead. The media keys (volume, play/pause, skip) on your keyboard can be used to control playback on the Pandora Desktop app for Windows 10.

Keyboard Shortcuts:

• Play/ Pause: Space
  • Skip Forward: ⌘→
  • Skip Backward: ⌘←
  • Shuffle: ⌘S
  • Repeat: ⌘G
  • Thumb Up: ⇧⌘↑
  • Thumb Down: ⇧⌘↓

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tczx3. 👋

It sounds like you're using a web browser, not the Pandora Desktop app. Unfortunately, we don't support media keys for the web browser. You would need to use the keyboard shortcuts instead. The media keys (volume, play/pause, skip) on your keyboard can be used to control playback on the Pandora Desktop app for Windows 10.

Keyboard Shortcuts:

• Play/ Pause: Space
  • Skip Forward: ⌘→
  • Skip Backward: ⌘←
  • Shuffle: ⌘S
  • Repeat: ⌘G
  • Thumb Up: ⇧⌘↑
  • Thumb Down: ⇧⌘↓

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

tczx3
Underground

Correct, using a browser. I wasn’t sure on which category to post this in. And now that I’ve dug a little more, I don’t think you’re using the MediaSession API at all. My guess is Edge was doing this on its own and is now broken with a recent update. I’ll reach out to Microsoft. Thanks for the reply!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @tczx3. Feel free to keep us updated on what you find out, in case other listeners notice this change as well. 👍

0 Kudos

Dissident
Opening Act

I use a Chromium-based browser (Brave) to listen to Pandora. My keyboard's built-in media keys work to play/pause Pandora, but the "Next track" function does not work. Correspondingly, the "Next track" button in the Windows media control overlay is grayed out.

Is this normal behavior?

2022-10-16@144443.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Dissident. 👋

Thanks so much for your question. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Web: Media Keys on Windows 10 Stop Working

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos