cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Unable to Remove Artists from Station

mikesol
Local Performer

When editing a station, I recently discovered that I am unable to remove several artists from the "created from" section. The normal process is: edit station -> scroll down to "station created from" section -> right click and select "delete" to remove the artist.

Some artists can be right clicked and deleted, some can not. When I click on several of the artists it opens what looks like a broken, blank text box instead, that is not clickable to remove them. 

For example - It's a classical music station and I am able to remove Alison Balsom, but not Johann Sebastian Bach.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a technical issue?

Labels (2)
35 Replies

JessicaJane525
Underground

Hello,

I am also having this issue with my self-curated station "Film Scores". I cannot remove John Williams, Dario Marianelli, Howard Shore, James Horner, or Alexandre Desplat. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @JessicaJane525 👋

Thanks for reaching out and nice to see you around The Community.

I've gone ahead and removed those seeds from your "Film Scores" Radio station. You may need to refresh your browser or restart the Pandora app to notice the change.

Let me know if you notice this with any other stations. :pandora:

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Xander271
Local Performer

The bottom of this thread won’t let me post so I’m replying here with my issue.   From my iPad I have a station ‘Mana’ that has Pitbull listed under ‘Station Created From.’  I hate Pitbull and would never add it.  Please remove.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Xander271. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

I've gone ahead and removed Pitbull as an artist seed from your Mana Radio station.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

wingate2
Local Performer

I’m having an issue removing Stevie Wonder from my Maggie Rogers station. Could someone remove that for me?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wingate2 That artist has now been removed from your Maggie Rogers station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

kellyrickert
Underground

Im seeing this issue as well.  Can't remove Gossec from my classical station because the delete option doesn't appear.  The delete option is available for other artists.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kellyrickert 

I'm happy to take a closer look. Can you give me the exact name of the station you're having trouble with?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

kellyrickert
Underground

Tanner, the station is the following:

2.classical all down 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks, @kellyrickert! I've gone ahead and removed the Gossec seed from 2.classical all down station from my end. You should see this update now. Let us know if you have trouble with another seeds.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MusicFan74637
Local Performer

pandorasgame12

Hi. Can someone please assist in removing Keith Urban from my Bone, Thugs & Harmony station. It was an error while I was trying to add Keith Sweat Thank you kindly:)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan74637 I've gone ahead and removed Keith Urban from your station.

For future referece, you can delete a current station seed  (or added variety) by tapping the ellipsis on that seed (the three dots), or by hovering over the seed name and selecting Delete:

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 4.16.56 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

GregS66
Local Performer

Hi I am having trouble removing an artist from a station I created. 

I click edit and then delete the artist then click done but the artist still remains on the list. 

please help!

https://pandora.app.link/E6kdOQXC9Eb

here’s the station, trying to remove Lil Wayne

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GregS66 I've gone ahead and removed that artist from your station for you on my end.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Aadiole
Local Performer

Can we get the step on how to removes an i am also having the same issue. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Aadiole. 👋

I'm happy to help with this. To edit your stations, make sure you're signed into your Pandora account on a computer.

Edit Station + Variety:

Then, click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available from your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a station details page which shows you information about your personalized station.

To add or remove variety, scroll down to the Station Created From section. To add variety, choose + Add Variety and either enter the name of another song or artist, or roll your cursor over a suggested artist. Whichever you choose, click on the (+) sign that appears to add that artist or song to your station. If you make a mistake, you can delete a current station seed by tapping the ellipsis on that seed, or by hovering over the seed name and selecting Delete.

Editing + Viewing Thumb Feedback:

To view your thumbed-up or thumbed-down tracks, or to edit them, scroll down to the Thumb History section of the station's page. By default this section will show your thumbed-up tracks first. If you'd like to see your thumbs down, click on the thumbs down icon.

To delete a thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that thumb from your station.

Still having trouble?

The following steps help you to edit your stations in the future, you can also visit this page on our help site: Create, edit and delete stations

If you continue to have trouble with this, could you share which station and artist you're having trouble removing?

Let me know and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos