Web: "I'm Tired of this Track" Option Missing with Shuffle

ymmrek22
Underground

"I'm tired of this track" is missing and has been for some time.Capture.PNG

Labels (2)
81 Replies

BlueNote
Local Performer

For me, the option seems to be missing when shuffling stations.  If I select a particular station, then the tired of this track selection is there.

But, since I have over a hundred stations, and yet the same 50 songs are all that gets selected out of the thousands of possible tracks, I will be moving to spotify.  I have been a paying member for years, and I am not getting what I am paying for.

Pandora!  Your service has deteriorated...if anyone is listening to your customers...

lightfighter
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora ,

Thanks for your reply.  I did find out what the issue was.  For some reason, it disappears on it's own.  When I refresh the page, it comes back.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @lightfighter. Glad to hear that you were able to get that option back after refreshing. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

babytraytray
Opening Act

Hi,  I am listening to Christmas Songz and having the same issue.

https://www.pandora.com/playlist/play/PL:1125899951568176:851420326

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @babytraytray. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. Looks like you're listening to a playlist, not a station.

With playlists, this feature is not available. This option will appear for stations only.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

BlueNote
Local Performer

This is a bug.  Here is the workaround that works for me:

When you first launch the player, switch stations, then the option will appear, even for shuffling of stations, until you close the app.  You have to do this each time you launch the app...

Why Pandora tech support can't seem to understand this, or figure this out, no one will ever know...

babytraytray
Opening Act

Thank you!

WayneS
Local Performer

I'm on a Mac, IOS 12.3, and have Pandora Premium. I cannot find "I'm tired of this track".  Please enable this feature. I have it on my iPhone though.

Please add to the Mac desktop version!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @WayneS. 👋

If you're using a web browser or the Pandora Desktop App for MAC computers, you can find this feature by clicking on the ellipsis (three dots) on the Now Playing screen Here's a screenshot of what you'll see:

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.31.51 AM.png

Let me know if you're able to view those. 🎧

0 Kudos

MusicFan0721
Underground

I am pretty annoyed this feature doesn't exist with plus. Why would the paid service have 'fewer' options? 

Sure I can skip the track but that doesn't stop it from playing again later. 

Hovering over the album art does nothing for me. Why would you put the option in a different place for different level users. So confusing

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MusicFan0721. 👋

Sorry for any confusion - this feature is available for all Pandora listeners (Premium, Plus, Ad-Supported) listeners. 

There is no need to hover over the album art anymore - this was an older way of accessing this feature a few years ago. If you get sick of a track but don't want to Thumb it down on your station, let us know using the "I'm tired of this track/song" option.

To do this from our website, click the ellipsis (3 dots) next the album art to see that option.

View from Pandora Plus:

Tired of This Track.png

View from Pandora (Ad-Supported):

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.15.08 PM.png

If you don't see this option, please take a screenshot of what you see so that I can take a closer look for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

MusicFan0721
Underground

This option does not appear in the ellipses menu for me

MusicFan0721_0-1654096302172.png

0 Kudos

muchomundo
Local Performer

The problem is back.    MacOS using Chrome: 

muchomundo_0-1663333116360.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @muchomundo. 👋

Could you confirm whether you're using Shuffle when this happens?

Thanks! 🎧

0 Kudos

dangelsaurus
Local Performer

Happening with me with Shuffle. 

dangelsaurus_0-1666212524639.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for reporting your experience, @dangelsaurus. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

teedit
Local Performer

When in single station, "i'm tired of this track" shows up for me. When I go to shuffle stations, it disappears.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @teedit, Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post!

We have been unable to reproduce this issue on our end - the I'm Tired of This Song option should still be available to you when streaming Pandora on your computer.

When on the Now Playing screen, you should be able to click on the three dots to pull up the menu where that option will show. (see screenshot below)

tired.jpg

If that option doesn't appear on your end would you mind providing the following:

• A screenshot of what you're seeing
  • Are you using the desktop app or web browser when listening to Pandora?
    • If using the web browser, which browser are you using (i.e Chrome, Firefox, etc.)?

Let us know how it goes and thanks for working with us on this!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

fullbandwidth
Local Performer

Looks like it's broken again (11/27/2023) using Firefox browser. When shuffle is on, the option "I'm tired of this track" doesn't appear in the ellipsis menu, but it does appear when shuffle is off. I have cleared cookies, logged in and out, the behavior persists.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @fullbandwidth. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. I've gone ahead and shared this with the appropriate party so that they can take a deeper look into what's happening. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos