cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Memory Usage

Sabersix
Local Performer

Pandora has been great but does it really need to be using over 1 gig of memory? I mean now adays it's not a super huge deal but for a music streaming app on a desktop seems way over board. I have had it open for several days.

My system specs:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎2/‎24/‎2024
OS build 22631.3880
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1020.0

Screenshot 2024-07-13 12-58-13.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sabersix. 👋

Thank you for visiting the Pandora Community and for providing these details about your system. I’ve passed along your feedback to our tech team regarding your experience with the desktop app.

In the meantime, we would recommend closing the app when you’re done with your listening session. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (10.14.24)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sabersix. 👋

Thank you for visiting the Pandora Community and for providing these details about your system. I’ve passed along your feedback to our tech team regarding your experience with the desktop app.

In the meantime, we would recommend closing the app when you’re done with your listening session. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (10.14.24)

DougTennant
Local Performer

I've had similar issues where apps seemed to gobble up more resources than expected. One trick that helped me was checking if there were any updates for the app—sometimes, new versions optimize performance and fix memory leaks. Another thing you might try is restarting Pandora or even reinstalling it to clear out any bugs. I found some useful tips on ****  during a similar situation. The reviews there really helped me tweak my setup to run smoother. It might be worth a look for some more ideas.

Moderator's edit: Link Sharing

0 Kudos