cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Desktop App: Pauses to Buffer Constantly

WickedBastid
Underground
Your Windows app has been having buffering issues for months now - every couple of songs, there's always a point where the playback is interrupted for a couple of seconds so that it can buffer. This has been the case on my old PC, as well as my new one.

My internet connection is definitely not the problem - I have over 200Mbps download speed consistently while this problem with your app is occurring. I can play two different videos at once on YouTube, both with 4k quality, without any buffering interruptions whatsoever. The problem is clearly that the Pandora desktop app does not buffer the entire song as soon as it starts playing, and occasionally just doesn't bother to buffer at all, causing these playback interruptions.

Please fix this problem. It is rather annoying, and not at all in line with the premium service for which I am paying.
Labels (3)
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @WickedBastid. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience with the Pandora Desktop App for Windows devices. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. I have a few troubleshooting steps I would recommend, while the trace is enabled.

++

Desktop App Troubleshooting for Windows:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

WickedBastid
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

Unfortunately neither suggestion resolved the issue. When I first reset the app data, it worked fine for about a day, and then the pausing/buffering issue returned. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and the pausing/buffering issue returned after just a couple of hours.

Thanks,

Corey

0 Kudos

WickedBastid
Underground

Why was this marked as the solution? I very clearly stated that these steps did NOT resolve the issue. The issue is unresolved.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @WickedBastid. 👋

I'm not seeing that there is a marked solution for this thread. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your experience and feedback with our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

WickedBastid
Underground

Thanks; your initial response to me was marked as a solution today, so I unmarked it.

WickedBastid_0-1654283447350.png

bstone81
Underground

I'm experiencing the same issue with the windows 10 app. It cuts out every once in a while. I don't see it as a buffering problem. I can pull up Pandora via my Chrome browser with no issues. It appears to be a glitch with the Windows App.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bstone81 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting step:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

PonderWhy
Local Performer

I've been experiencing this same thing. I mostly notice this after the machine has been in sleep mode ( app open playing before sleep mode. playback paused, machine put to sleep. when the machine is brought back up - when I start pandora playing, it often gets in this mode ). i close & restart the app and it works fine - until I sleep again.   I did the 'app data reset above' to see i this fixes it.....  

just sharing - because i too would like a fix here....

0 Kudos