cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Desktop App: Songs Cut Off

fsiepm
Local Performer

Songs have been cut off on a regular basis. I have been listening as a paid subscriber for years and this just started maybe a couple weeks/months ago. Songs do not finish playing and a new song just starts. Very annoying. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fsiepm Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

fsiepm
Local Performer

1. Windows/Linux - issue is mainly on Windows (desktop app). No browser.

2. No device (if I listen on my Android phone then it is in my car, which creates a different problem - app does not close notification. Lets save this for another time).

3. No, song is just cut short and next song starts immediately. Just did it as I was writing this. Pet-Shop Boys were cut short and Halll & Oates starts up maybe a friction of a second later.

4. No. They would be silent  - just kidding 😉 I cannot record the audio from my computer. It is also not always, it is maybe 3-4 times a day if I listen a lot (8-10h).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fsiepm Thanks for following up with that information. I moved your post to the Desktop space since it sounds like this is the only place you run into the issue with songs getting cut off.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps provided on our help page as they should help resolve this.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Karagin
Local Performer

I am having this same issue, any song over 9 minutes cuts off. Groups like Iron Maiden for example this always seem to happen to many of their songs.

All other songs play fine.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Karagin. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

You can find those steps here: Desktop App Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes, and whether the issue persists. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos