cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Won't stay signed in

wines01
Underground

I can't edit my account login.   I am trying to edit this on my laptop but I am caught in a loop of putting in my password every time I launch the Pandora.  There is not a "stay signed in" feature any more.  ALSO it no longer starts in shuffle mode.  How can I have that be my start up preference?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @StartSkydiving. 👋

To keep community space tidy, I moved your post over to the Desktop section.

You should remain signed in to Pandora on your computer as long as you aren't manually signing out.

If you're having to sign in each time you open Pandora, here are a few things to check:

• In your browser, make sure you don't have a setting selected that deletes your cookies or browsing history upon exit.
  • Are you using the add-on/extensions Better Privacy or Flashblock? If so, make sure to allow Pandora within them, so you won't be signed out automatically.
  • Are you using CCleaner or ATF to remove temporary files from your machine?
  • Are you running security software such as Norton Internet Security? Some of those suites do "cookie cleaning," which might cause this.

Let me know what you find.  🖥

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

15 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wines01 I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the community tidy. 

When prompted to sign in each time you stream Pandora on your computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To address your question about geting Pandora to start in shuffle mode:

While there isn't currently a way to have Pandora default to start in shuffle, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added as well. 

wines01
Underground

Listening from the website.  Using Chrome.  Should I switch to a desktop app?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wines01 You should remain signed in to Pandora on your computer as long as you aren't manually signing out.

If you're having to sign in each time you open Pandora, here are a few things to check:

• In your browser, make sure you don't have a setting selected that deletes your cookies or browsing history upon exit.
  • Are you using the add-on/extensions Better Privacy or Flashblock? If so, make sure to allow Pandora within them, so you won't be signed out automatically.
  • Are you running security software such as Norton Internet Security? Some of those suites do "cookie cleaning," which might cause this.

++

If you're interested in checking out the desktop app, you can find out more info here.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

wines01
Underground

I will try the desktop app and see how it goes.  Thank you for your reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all. I'm always happy to help. @wines01 

Feel free to let me know how it goes once you've had the chance. 🎶

0 Kudos

Freddy
Local Performer

I sign in with no problem, but why can’t I stay signed in. Just the reverse of your problem. 

0 Kudos

wines01
Underground

@Freddy Freddy, I am now using the desktop app and it stays signed in.  It also saves my preferences, such as shuffle.  I don't have to select it every time like I did when I was opening Pandora using Chrome.

StartSkydiving
Local Performer

I use pandora premium on a PC in my garage and get logged out automatically on a regular basis receiving a message to upgrade my account.  How do I stop this from happening?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @StartSkydiving. 👋

To keep community space tidy, I moved your post over to the Desktop section.

You should remain signed in to Pandora on your computer as long as you aren't manually signing out.

Let me know what you find.  🖥

xerxov
Local Performer

I have this same issue. I have the desktop app on windows, and run bit defender.  I don't have anything set to clear my cookies or cache every time I close my browser. I stay signed into other websites between sessions with no problem. It seems to remember the station I last listened to, but I get a message saying it can't find any music to play and have to sign in again. every. time.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @xerxov. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Could you clarify how you're listening when this happens?

• Are you having this issue on the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10?
  • Or are you using a web browser when this happens?
  • If you're using a browser, which one are you using?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Charlie1
Underground

Dear Alyssa,

Hello!!!

I just wanted to take a quick moment and send to you a HUGE THANK YOU!!!

I had an issue, I went in to help, and found someone else who had the same problem. You had written a response which I followed, and was able to quickly solved my issue as well...thanks to you!

I wanted to send this directly to Pandora Corp., but could not find a way to do it. If you wish, and you 'can,' please forward this to the correct dept./person!

Thanks again (!) and all the very best...Charlie 🙂     

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Charlie1. 👋

So glad to hear those steps helped out with your issue! Getting messages like yours keeps us doing what we're doing.

Sounds like you're back on track. Hope to see you around the community space more often - enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

josephinefloral
Local Performer

How do I stay signed in?Every time I shut down,I have to sign in again

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @josephinefloral. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Won't stay signed in

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread. 

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos