cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new interface

gwilson
Local Performer

the new interface for windows/the webpage is horrendous. extremely laggy and im on corporate wifi. ive had times where an add is playing during a song, and the song was from the wrong station i had chosen. roll out the updates and bug fixes folks this is trash and needs improvement

10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gwilson Welcome to community!

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

0 Kudos

JimEasley
Local Performer

Agreed - the new desktop app is a big step back. It doesn't autoplay when opened. Maybe there's a setting to change this but it's not easy to find. It does lag. The interface isn't as easy and simple as the previous version.

I feel like Pandora is trying to save money by costing us seconds and making it a poor user experience. Those seconds add up to pay less for songs. 

I'm on windows using the windows app. 

SF
Local Performer

The user interface is hard to use, can't create stations, shuffle missing, you mention an App for desktops with no download link.  Somebodys great idea was theortically wonderful and actually horrible.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

@SF which interface are you talking about? On the web or desktop?

I have the desktop app for Apple and it works just like the web version. I actually prefer it over the web version. I'm able to search for artist, songs or albums, create stations and shuffle.

A simple search on Google for desktop Pandora app brings up the page: https://www.pandora.com/desktop

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @gwilson.

Thanks for your feedback about the interface!

To create a station on the web:

1. In the Search tool at the top of your screen enter an artist, song, composer or genre.
  2. Then click the appropriate search result (it may help to filter your results by Station).
  3. From a source's backstage page click Start Station to add the station to your collection.

You can also use Browse to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you.

You can find Browse next to My Collection on the home screen of our website.

++

Here's a great article with steps about how to shuffle your tunes from your web browser. 

@Listener001 is right, you can find a Desktop App link here.

Hope this info is helpful.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Woodsman75
Local Performer

Tried to go toy list of stations. Could only find random picks and my collected songs.  I was trying to go to a station of mine not just my favorites.

The Linux app Pithos is much simpler and doesn't try to get smart with me. However, I'm on Android, so I have no control over it.

I would like simple, obvious button to go to my stations.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Woodsman75. 👋

What is the make and model of your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

melophile
Local Performer

My beef is your GUI is simply confusing and retarded, i cannot get my station in alphabetical order bring back music i dont like and is a supreme headache to go back to another station, some very good albums of some artists are missing, i came from plus to premium and i dont like the interface or see any benefit from previous. VERY DISSAPOINTED

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @melophile. 👋

If you're noticing some albums or artists missing, we do share this with our curation team. 

To report / share music suggestions, there is an existing thread that can be found here: Music Suggestions 

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Premium interface, and for joining the Pandora Community! 🎧

0 Kudos

rederikus
Local Performer

The problem here is that the web UI itself is TERRIBLE.  It is nearly unusable.  I now use Logitech Media Server to play Pandora.  This, ate least has a neatly sorted station list.

Unless Pandora is actively trying to lose paying customers like me, they will need to work hard to provide a decent and usable web UI experience.

Just go back to your old UI as a starting point.  FIX IT!

I agree.  I am a long time Pandora (paid for) user.  Until now I have used either my Android phone for use in the car or I play Pandora through Logitech Media Server.  I recently changed my home audio system and though that I would use the Pandora web interface instead of LMS.

OMG.  What a shock!  The web UI is TERRIBLE.  Very quickly I went back the LMS and use Pandora from there.

If this does not change soon, I shall soon be moving to Spotify -- Yes it is slightly more expensive BUT, it has a usable UI.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos