cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something Has Gone Wrong" Error for Songs + Playlists

TitusCooker
Local Performer

Hi Pandora,

I get this on my desktop (MacOS) using Chrome or Firefox.  It only happens when I click on specific songs I want to play, but not radio stations.  It has been happening for years, but I finally got tired of it and am staring this post.  It works fine on my iPhone apps, but whenever I try to open it after being logged into a browser, it gives this error.  It fails on specific songs, on collected songs, on albums, on playlists, but not on podcasts or stations.  

I've tried dumping all cache/cookies, marking pandora.com safe in my security preferences to accept all cookies.  Nothing changes.  I've tried opening in incognito mode.  Same issue.  

I have ad block software deactivated (uBlock Origin).  The only other chrome add-on I use is LastPass.

Also, what the heck is "Labels" and why won't it let me post?  I have tried entering in words, phrases, questions, etc. and nothing.  After fighting it, I see a list of hyperlinks that suggest taking the user to another location, which usually dumps what they are working on.  I feel there is a better option here and perhaps some UX design would help.  

thanks

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @TitusCooker. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to on-demand content.

Community Labels:

You'll need to add a label when creating a new topic on Community. For Desktop, we have a pick list of labels you can choose from to best describe your thread. 

Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 3.34.25 PM.png

++

Error When Playing On-Demand Content:

I've taken a look and I do see that you have a Premium subscription, this means you should be able to play content on-demand. Based on your message it sounds like this only occurs with songs and playlists. 

Is there an "Unavailable" or "Radio Only" label on the songs you're having trouble playing?

Could you share a couple of examples of songs you're having trouble with?

• Artist:
  • Track Name:

Regarding your playlists, does this happen when you attempt to play a playlist from the beginning? Or, when you click on a random song within your playlist?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

True_York
Local Performer

I have been having the same issue for almost a year now. When I choose to play Stations, there isn't a problem, and they play like they normally should. But when I try to play a Playlist, I get the "Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon" error. The error occurs whether I try to play the entire Playlist from the beginning, or if I select a random song within the playlist. Like the original poster, I am also using Chrome (on a Chromebook).

A couple examples of songs that prompt this error message within the Playlist:

Artist: Cookin Soul

Song: Kobe

Artist: Nas

Song: It Ain't Hard to Tell

Artist: The Doobie Brothers

Song: What a Fool Believes

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @True_York. 👋

Sorry to hear that you've been encountering this error message when listening to content on-demand.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team.

Would you mind trying out the following steps? You can find them here: Chrome Troubleshooting

Also, does this happen if you use a browser like Firefox? This will also help us determine whether this is browser-related.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024