cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something Went Wrong" when searching

JMichFrank
Underground

If I try to search for new music to add to one specific station (The Mermen Radio - Pandora) I get a "something went wrong" error, and the blue error screen only disappears by completely reloading the page.

This does not seem to happen with any of my other stations.

I've now tried this on Opera, Firefox, and Edge with the same results.

The only thing I can think of is that this is the only station I've recently edited (removed some thumbs ups/thumbs downs earlier this afternoon) but I can't think why that would create this kind of error.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Dragor88. 👋

I just checked in with our engineering team regarding your issue. We believe this has now been resolved. Feel free to let us know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JMichFrank. 👋

Sorry that this is happening. I just tried testing this on your account from my end, and I receive that same exact error message. When attempting to click on the search box to add variety, that error message pops up immediately. 

I've created an internal ticket on your behalf for our engineering team so they can investigate this further. If you notice this happening with any other stations, please let me know.

Thanks so much for reporting, and for your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

JMichFrank
Underground

Thanks for the prompt reply!

JMichFrank
Underground

Not sure if this is related directly but that station also seems to automatically start when I log in, regardless of what I was listening to in a previous session.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JMichFrank Thanks for the update. 

Sounds like you may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora.

It should only be: https://www.pandora.com

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/#/genres/top), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Dragor88
Local Performer

I seem to have earned the joy of also being victimized by this problem

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Dragor88. 👋

Could you share more about your experience?

Does this happen with a specific station? What is the name of the station?

Or, are you having trouble with the same station playing each time you begin a listening session from your web browser?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

JMichFrank
Underground

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.  Whatever the problem was seems to have cleared up?  I did clear all cookies recently, which I'd thought I'd done earlier but maybe missed that step.

For the record, I don't use a bookmark - pandora.com is in my browser history, but it redirects to https://www.pandora.com/account/sign-in and after signing in it loads https://www.pandora.com/station or else showing the specific ID, https://www.pandora.com/station/play/*.

Dragor88
Local Performer

When I try to search for artists or songs to add to my station named "Radio" it comes back with "Something went wrong" The feature seems to be working fine on my other stations.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dragor88 Thanks for letting me know. I've shared this with our engineering team so that they can take a deeper look to see what's happening. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Dragor88. 👋

I just checked in with our engineering team regarding your issue. We believe this has now been resolved. Feel free to let us know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Danny5
Underground

Music has a way of speaking even if you aren't ready to listen

Trips me out also but every time random music pops up I pay attention most of the time it has a way of guidance

0 Kudos

Buck1725
Local Performer

I too have the same error message. I have tried it on other browsers. It seems to happen on my desktop. Is their a setting I can make a correction.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Buck1725. 👋

Sorry to hear that error message keeps popping up.

Does this issue occur when attempting to initiate a complimentary session of Premium? For instance, are you clicking "Play" for the song when searching?

Which song(s) have you noticed this issue with?

++

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out these steps:

You can also try rebooting your connection to see if this helps resolve the error:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos