cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Drana
Underground

Is there a way to blend one song into the next so that there is no dead silence between tracks?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Drana I moved your post to our Feature Request space as this is not currently possible. Thanks for your suggestion! 

Q-Dog
Local Performer
If you crossfade songs so there is no dead air between songs (Like Sirus XM radio) I would gladly pay more! Please FIX!!
BreenX
Diamond in the Rough

Gapless audio is a feature I would like, since I mainly listen to albums, live albums, and concept albums where a break between tracks is jarring. Spotify has this feature, but I haven't used Spotify since receiving the patronizing "epic collection, friend" message . . . but I digress . . . On desktop, that there new Amazon Music is gapless, it buffers the song(s) being played. I tried a Peter Gabriel Station on AM, and the mix was . . . well . . . that station wanted to play Toto/Africa, and Bon Jovi . . . I almost vomited . . . but I digress . . . Thanks  B 

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the idea @BreenX 👍

Grant_Carlson
Underground

Love this idea, and it would be great if it came with some control.  Exp: iTunes had a crossfade setting that could be adjusted from something like 1sec to 10sec

tpena1959
Local Performer
Way, way, waaaaay back in the day, MusicMatch, which became Yahoo Music, which became Rhapsody, well, Rhapsody had a cross-fade option. It was the "Had To Have" option (For me anyway) for parties. No silence between songs. It was awesome, just like a live DJ in the house.
blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

I thought you this post was about the band Crossfade, but I'm definitely in favour of this feature.

carllos69
Local Performer

This might be a stretch but have you ever noticed that the transition from one song to the next is a little abrupt with space in between? I'm wondering with the mixing capabilities available, why doesn't Pandora invest into smoother seamless song transition like a dj might conduct?

stevenomes
Opening Act

spotfiy has this. please add. 

TheGraysHomes
Local Performer

pandora you got the up on music streams but you are behind here. Get the crossfade going! It'll make it totally ideal. I'd even pay for the better package just to have that.