cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Custom shuffle on mobile for Pandora Premium

Ideas: Custom shuffle on mobile for Pandora Premium

LastDJ
Opening Act

Way back in the day, you could create a custom shuffle of your radio stations via the iOS application.  Somewhere along the way, that feature went away.  As of today, you can only set a custom shuffle via the web interface.  That custom shuffle will play via the iOS app, but what happens if you wnat to change it and you are not near a computer?  I am probably showing my age, but I got hooked on Pandora because I could shuffle / customize my radio stations.  It would be nice to have this functionality back on the mobile platform.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
41 Comments
Stillhidden
Local Performer

Agreed! I have a diverse interest in music but don't want to listen to it all in an eclectic mix.  I pay for premium for the ease of using my phone for the music I want without having to go back and forth from the web page to my phone.  How does it make sense that you can have this feature for free but lose it when you pay??

trapgod
Local Performer

So, Wait...you mean to tell me editing your shuffle is available on your other two subscription plans, but not on your PREMIUM plan!? The most EXPENSIVE!? What sense does that make?? 

weezer_ut34
Underground

This is literally the only reason why I went back to Plus after a trial of Premium. It's so dumb that I can do this with Plus, but not with the higher tier Premium subscription. I use the shuffle feature essentially exclusively at work every day, so that I don't have to curate playlists, I just select the artist stations I want and go. 

Let me put this another way, if Amazon adds the feature to shuffle through artist stations in the same manner before you add this simple feature to your premium plan that is available on literally all other plans and the PC, then I'll be giving them my money. I'm ready to purchase a premium music subscription, just a matter of who gets it done first. This is long overdue, and has been "in the works" since you debuted your premium service. 

dalegump
Local Performer

Totally agree with Bee. How is it possible that now that we've switched to premium we have more LIMITED functionality?? I'm baffled. I literally only listen with my stations on shuffle. I just bought premium during quarantine to listen without commercials all day, and now I can't do the things because I bought in? Makes absolutely no sense.  Any update on getting this fixed? Otherwise, switching back to free.

forrests
Local Performer

Just discovered than peculiar and counter-logical trait of premium within a day of upgrading. I am going to try to downgrade from Premium to Pandora One to get custom shuffle back.

Jessica1
Opening Act

need option to choose with stations to shuffle on mobile app

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting your feedback @Jessica1! I've moved your request over to an existing post: Custom shuffle on mobile for Pandora Premium

Don't forget to ❤️!

Thank you for being part of community!

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

I'm a Pandora Plus subscriber, and I tried a trial of Premium, and I canceled that trial immediately after discovering I could not edit my Shuffle from within the app (Android), and for no other reason.  That's my single most-used feature in the app, and I'll never even consider upgrading to Premium until this is fixed.  Why would I pay more for less functionality?

weezer_ut34
Underground

What Wisepeppy said......Seriously Pandora....fix your app already so that we can pay you for the Premium Service.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone. 👋

Happy to announce that you can now edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode for Premium listeners directly from your Android or iOS device🎉

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle on iOS:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

++

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle on Android:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

++

To find out more information about how shuffle works, feel free to check out this article.

Happy shuffling! 🎶