cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Ideas: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Drana
Underground

Is there a way to blend one song into the next so that there is no dead silence between tracks?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
155 Comments
Listener001
Not applicable

A bit of code (that already exists in other products) would elevate the product.

KC7000
Local Performer

Many classic LP's are meant to be heard with total or partial gapless playback (Sgt. Pepper, Dark Side of the Moon, every live music or comedy record in existence).

Spotify has it...

No reason not to have this feature...

possibleeffort
Local Performer

crossfade is the future, please don't let me go back to spotify based on this one IMPORTANT feature!

romanhrth
Local Performer

well this is an old post, I guess I'm not signing up

Alex_6
Underground

@romanhrth I hear you, with Spotify's new radio app I'm at the end of my patience here. The deaf people at the wheel here don't seem to care about their user's experience much. As soon as my long-term-paid account time is up, it won't be renewed, that's for sure. I'd even rather listen to ad's than these bloody silences, as at least the ads serve a purpose, while these silences are just a result of lazy programming.

Alchron
On the Rise

Wish there was a way to have it to where pandora could go between tracks without skips such as a live album, it kind of kills the music with long dead zones between tracks.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@carllos69 I moved your posts over to this existing feature request: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Make sure to give this thread a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

Alex_6
Underground

@AdamPandora shouldn't this issue be long-dead and rectified by now? I know about 5 different suggestions have been merged in over the years...

From an outside viewpoint it seems as though there's no effort or priority being put towards this significant years-old deficiency. Is there a reason there's no visible traction or info coming re: release timeline or roadblocks? Is there something in the radio playback model that's preventing this? Is this just never going to happen, but the ticket's open so we can keep hoping?

Thanks

EricBrooks
Underground

If this problem of albums being run with audio gaps is not solved by spring I'm switching to Spotify.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alchron I moved your posts over to this existing feature request: Crossfade / Gapless Audio Playback

Make sure to give this thread a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion! 💡